e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
June

LithiaWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CLTwx, I take it the power is flickering in SW Charlotte ;)

Scorched here on the SE side of Raleigh. Just the first part of June, and already having to water just to keep the gardens alive and resembling something that looks like plants. Happy for those that are locking in to the rain. For some of you (Robert), I know that seeing occasional showers and storms is something you used to dream about, or have photos of tree rings to say "remember when..." :)

I'm hoping that Caribbean blob will somehow find it's way through the Southeast and benefit all of us. Really hard to count on "disturbances in the NW flow aloft..." for anything widespread and beneficial.

We got screwed today and it was the dying MCS from last night that did us in gotta love the irony in that, less than .15" this morning and zip this afternoon......havent had a good storm or rain now for weeks. Total precip since May 1st here is just around .50" however the north half of the county did get hammered by a few storms a few weeks ago and got 2-3" in a day.

You may have been right Weatherkid. Nice outflow boundary just came through for some decent cooler winds but the "storm is going east of us by a hair. Darn it.

Well the outflow boundary was nice... But no one in Metro Atlanta is gonna get a drop! They are fizzling before our eyes.

CLTwx, I take it the power is flickering in SW Charlotte ;)

Scorched here on the SE side of Raleigh. Just the first part of June, and already having to water just to keep the gardens alive and resembling something that looks like plants. Happy for those that are locking in to the rain. For some of you (Robert), I know that seeing occasional showers and storms is something you used to dream about, or have photos of tree rings to say "remember when..." :)

I'm hoping that Caribbean blob will somehow find it's way through the Southeast and benefit all of us. Really hard to count on "disturbances in the NW flow aloft..." for anything widespread and beneficial.

These nw flow events and the westerly ones have been way different than usual this season here where I am. Normally I'm not a fan of them, but since there's plenty of dynamics and enough low level focus to keep them going , my area has done ok. Nothing mind blowing in the rain departure from "normal" but its certainly nice to get rain from them. It reminds me of the early and mid 90's...then over a decade of nothing (almost) in late Spring/Summer, so I'm definitely enjoying whatever liquid we get while I can. I definitely can empathize with other members who keep getting missed and watch their plants and gardens just dying. Hard to believe but theres more development that might get in here soon...it keeps re-developing to my north.

I'm on the third thunderstorm of the day here. This one has some major lightning strikes within a mile of the house..probably shouldn't be online :yikes: . None are major rainmakers since its never a direct hit but the constant rumbles of thunder for the last 3 hours has made an interesting day.

:thumbsup: Sounds like a pretty good Sunday evening to me. :wub:

Marble sized hail here. It's been a torrential downpour for nearly 30 minutes now. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

:thumbsup: Woo Hoooo!! Hope you don't have any damage :hug:

Cell came thru here with 40+mph winds and pea sized hail. Lots of CG lightning. Haven't checked the rain gauge yet but I suspect an inch at least. Side ditches are full and water is standing in the yard.

:thumbsup: Nothing better than a good old fashion thunderstorm :)

This is about the fourth time that the rain has picked up again after the first storm and still doing some lightning out here. Dropped to 66 now. There appears to be more redevelopment behind this initial batch back in the Cherryville area.

Enjoy your rain cooled evening :hug:

Awesome lightning display here. Nearly continuous CG lightning for around 15-20 minutes with many very close to the house. Winds gusted to around 40-45mph which blew the grill off the back porch and downed many smaller limbs. Received 0.67" of rain it looks as though about an inch and three quarters fell about two miles west of here according to data from CWOP station DW6124.

Was up in the Blowing Rock, NC, area all afternoon. Picnic in the park and Kilwin's icecream with the family! No rain while up there, but I got home and found branches lying all over the yard. Gauge shows 0.25 inches this afternoon while we were gone. I can hear rumbles in the distances, so I'm hoping we'll get a little more this evening. Radar looks promising, but you never know til it gets here.

Hammered again! Quarter size hail and heavy winds. More trees down in our neighborhood. Four miles away, there are trees down ALL over the place in Belmont, especially uptown. I saw where one car was smashed flat by a HUGE tree. Also, there were multiple trees over houses. Looking at the trees down, they had that look of being twisted. Probably another round of Tornados. It has been crazy around here since early April...

A Flash Flood Warning has been issued for Wilkes County. Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches are possible in the warned area. Radar estimates are showing up to 5 inches of rain over northern Wilkes with heavy rain still falling.

EDIT... Northern Wilkes now showing 6-8inches with heavy rain still falling.

Severe season has been rather unkind to Wilkes County, it seems...

FAIL on all accounts here.

Sorry to hear about you missing out. If I could, I would more than gladly send you some of the rain and stormy weather that I've been through recently. I've been doing a really decent job with rain totals especially during April when I had over 3 inches total during the 15th-17th heavy rain event.

It never seems to stop storming around these parts...

... A Severe Thunderstorm Warning remains in effect until 1045 PM EDT

for southern Alleghany... southeastern Ashe and Wilkes counties...

You just can't seem to catch a break up there, can you? If it's not the lightning or wind, it's tornadoes. Reminds me of the days when it was China Grove that always seemed to get the worse of any severe weather event (as I often heard when watching the news).

Hammered again! Quarter size hail and heavy winds. More trees down in our neighborhood. Four miles away, there are trees down ALL over the place in Belmont, especially uptown. I saw where one car was smashed flat by a HUGE tree. Also, there were multiple trees over houses. Looking at the trees down, they had that look of being twisted. Probably another round of Tornados. It has been crazy around here since early April...

I know it was awful down your way. When I watched the radar showing those clusters of thunderstorms over Lake Norman combining with the one that popped near Lincolnton, I knew eastern Gaston county was going to take a brutal beating. There was a report of a few trees down in the McAdenville area from what I heard. I only received maybe half of what the storm did to the Belmont area. Despite that, I really enjoyed the cooler temperatures that accompanied it.

Having been in drought mode for a few weeks now, Baton Rouge, LA finally got some rain Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. Not a lot, but enough to note. One very small area east of downtown was reported by NWS radar to have gotten about 5.5 inches, though the vast portion of the area got .5 to 2 inches.

This past week, we blasted old high temperature records, going over 100 degrees 2 or 3 days in a row.

Got .10 yesterday morning. We are missing out on all the rain it seems. Glad you guys out west are enjoying a nice change compared to the last few years but we are really needing the rain badly here. Walked out of work this morning to poor visibility and a smokey fog from the wildfire. Really hoping this pattern changes soon but with little hope of rain over the next week I don't see this drought ending in the next few weeks.

Eyewall called it right FAIL all the way here in the east.

it will be fine. happened to us a couple of weeks ago, just don't open fridge or freezer. Should be fine overnight . All storms missing me to the west, I would like to get a shower

Well it came on 3 1/2 hrs later. I've only heard of the 4 hour rule for refrigerated meat, milk, etc.

Somehow the sprinkles from two cells on either side of me added up to .03 last night. :weight_lift: The heat continues.....:angry:

CAE

.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/...

NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES WERE MADE IN THE LONG TERM. ONLY MINOR

TWEAKS TO DAILY AFTERNOON POPS. PREVIOUS DISCUSSION FOLLOWS.

LITTLE IN THE WAY OF A TRIGGER MECHANISM OTHER THAN AFTERNOON SEA-

BREEZE. SUMMER TIME SCENARIO WITH A LARGE UPPER LEVEL RIDGE OVER

THE EASTERN US WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MOST OF THE WEEK. UPPER RIDGE

APPEARS TO WEAKEN LATE IN THE PERIOD WITH AN INCREASE IN MOISTURE

ACROSS THE AREA...THIS MAY LEAD TO A SLIGHT INCREASE IN AFTERNOON

THUNDERSTORMS BY THE WEEKEND. TEMPERATURES THROUGH THE LONG TERM

WILL REMAIN IN THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 90S FOR DAYTIME HIGHS WITH

OVERNIGHT LOWS GENERALLY AROUND 70. TEMPERATURES REMAIN 2 TO 3

STANDARD DEVIATIONS ABOVE NORMAL.

Just took a drive around downtown Belmont and the neighborhoods just west and cannot believe that area has been hit hard again. Just by what I saw I would estimate winds of 60-70mph. I could not get into many areas as roads were closed. As far as I could tell it looked like straight-line winds as the directionality of the fallen trees seemed to parallel each other but I just did a quick drive through of the area. This is at least the third time this area just one mile west of me has been hit hard by storms since April.

Archived