• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
June

LithiaWx

Am I the only one NOT in Ga or the Carolinas?

There are many people on here from Tenn, and AL as well as a few from LA. However most of the posters in here only post during the winter so it gets pretty quiet except for a few posters during the summer months. Keep posting though, its good to have every state in God's country represented......

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one NOT in Ga or the Carolinas?

You are most likely the only one in LA that post here in the SE forum. Most people that live in your area post in the Central/Western forum, but by all means post away especially with cane season coming up we got the east coast covered but we dont got many folks to post obs from the gulf coast if something comes in.

Snow in Hawai in June.

Ultimate Climate. Check out the video and half way through watch the 2 girls sleding down a mountain probably a 100-200 yards. I'd imagine when they went home the jumped in the pacific and went surfing latter that afternoon.

http://www.bigisland...h-on-mauna-kea/

Then Check out the couple sleigh riding around the 2;53 mark, they hit a boulder/ ouch(good thing they werent males)

Talk about boring weather... From FFC:

Tuesday:93

Tuesday Night: 65

Wednesday:93

Wednesday Night: 65

Thursday: 93

Thursday Night: 65

Friday: 93

Friday Night: 65

Saturday: 93

:lol:

Not the most exciting stretch of weather to be sure. I've been lifeguarding for the past few days and it's amazing how warm the pools are already. A smaller one I was at read 88 degrees :yikes:

The only saving grace to my job is the relatively low humidity. With dew points around 60 sweat is able to evaporate pretty quickly, and after getting out of the pool you really cool off (which is the only way to cool off, really, given the really warm water temps).

And of course I've been checking this thread every day hoping for a met (or anyone) to say that the end is in sight-nope.

The MCC now dropping south along the central Apps is worth watching. We've seen these outlive their progged lifetime many times this season, and I won't be surprised to see it do it again. But this one is more iffy. None of the models have an idea its there, except for recent RUC. The folks at SPC don't give much hope for it either...

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1126 NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 0156 PM CDT TUE JUN 07 2011 AREAS AFFECTED...SRN WEST VIRGINIA...ERN KY...SRN/WRN OH CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH UNLIKELY VALID 071856Z - 072030Z A MODEST CONVECTIVELY GENERATED SURFACE COLD POOL CONTINUES TO ADVANCE SOUTHWARD AROUND 25 KT ALONG THE WESTERN SLOPES OF CENTRAL APPALACHIANS...AND SLOWER ON ITS WESTERN FLANK TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST AND WEST...ACROSS PARTS OF SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL OHIO. FLUCTUATIONS IN INTENSITY OF RENEWED CONVECTIVE DEVELOPMENT ON THE LEADING EDGE OF THE OUTFLOW HAVE BEEN OBSERVED...BUT DISTINCT WEAKENING TRENDS HAVE BEEN EVIDENT IN THE LONGER TERM...LIKELY DUE TO WEAKENING LARGE-SCALE FORCING AND VERTICAL SHEAR. EVEN IF COLD POOL DYNAMICS REMAIN STRONG ENOUGH TO MAINTAIN NEW STORM DEVELOPMENT...OR EVEN CONTRIBUTE TO SOME REINTENSIFICATION IN THE PEAK AFTERNOON HEATING...THE SEVERE THREAT APPEARS LIKELY TO REMAIN MARGINAL OR BECOME SPARSE IN COVERAGE. IT STILL DOES NOT APPEAR OUT OF THE QUESTION...THOUGH...THAT STRONGER CONVECTIVE DEVELOPMENT COULD CEASE BY THE 21-23Z TIME FRAME.

post-38-0-01343200-1307473884.gif

Still mesoanalysis has some shear and the 588 building ridge as we speak should continue to guide it due south,

with development on the western edge in Ohio and eastern KY as the next few hours go on. Cloud tops really show no warming yet,

so its holding its on. Basically a wait and see attitude to see how it either holds together or begins to fall apart between later

afternoon and dark...could go either way, but the RUC holds the upper features together strongly into NC, but it also is probably

too far east with it, and doesn't recognize the actual strong convection in eastern Ohio at all. I'd guess eastern KY , southern

West VA and western VA and possibly northeast Tenn, nw NC have the best shot at being affected by this.

If for some reason it doesn't dissippate by 9 pm, then much of eastern TN and western NC will be affected by it, but hard to say

how strong it will be by then...many systems like this have actually gained in strength and momentum coming down the east side of the

slopes of the Apps in the NC part this year, but lack of strong wording from SPC experts so far isn't too encouraging for it. Guess

we'll see tonight. It may break apart into 2 main segments thanks to the way its situated.Strange to see the building convection

currently right into where the strongest part of the 588dm ridge is now..a sign of very strongly organized system.

post-38-0-77366700-1307473929.jpg

post-38-0-32811300-1307473953.jpg

Over here near Flowery Branch, we've only had 1 rain (last Memorial Day Thursday evening's storms) since the April 26 tornado outbreak. Brutal stretch. We need at least a small shower or something.

It looks like its gonna be awhile until we get a decent shot at rain.

The MCC now dropping south along the central Apps is worth watching. We've seen these outlive their progged lifetime many times this season, and I won't be surprised to see it do it again. But this one is more iffy. None of the models have an idea its there, except for recent RUC. The folks at SPC don't give much hope for it either...

Still mesoanalysis has some shear and the 588 building ridge as we speak should continue to guide it due south,

with development on the western edge in Ohio and eastern KY as the next few hours go on. Cloud tops really show no warming yet, so its holding its on. Basically a wait and see attitude to see how it either holds together or begins to fall apart between later afternoon and dark...could go either way, but the RUC holds the upper features together strongly into NC, but it also is probably too far east with it, and doesn't recognize the actual strong convection in eastern Ohio at all. I'd guess eastern KY , southern West VA and western VA and possibly northeast Tenn, nw NC have the best shot at being affected by this. If for some reason it doesn't dissippate by 9 pm, then much of eastern TN and western NC will be affected by it, but hard to say how strong it will be by then...many systems like this have actually gained in strength and momentum coming down the east side of the slopes of the Apps in the NC part this year, but lack of strong wording from SPC experts so far isn't too encouraging for it. Guess we'll see tonight. It may break apart into 2 main segments thanks to the way its situated.Strange to see the building convection currently right into where the strongest part of the 588dm ridge is now..a sign of very strongly organized system.

If it's anything like the previous MCC that dropped southward, we could be in store for a repeat all over again assuming it stays in tact. I remember how most of the modeling expected the line of storms to push through until later that night but they arrived much earlier due to their acceleration down the Apps, which had caught a good few folks by surprise. We'll see. Situations like this tend to become rather difficult to pinpoint exacts with a system like this until a later time.

If it's anything like the previous MCC that dropped southward, we could be in store for a repeat all over again assuming it stays in tact. I remember how most of the modeling expected the line of storms to push through until later that night but they arrived much earlier due to their acceleration down the Apps, which had caught a good few folks by surprise. We'll see. Situations like this tend to become rather difficult to pinpoint exacts with a system like this until a later time.

Keeping fingers crossed as I will be on the eastern edge the way it's looking now, that is if things hold together...... :popcorn:

so far nobody is really playing up anything with this, esp. SPC. But the radar still has me interested tonight, but not getting my hopes up for anything yet. The main thing to watch is the infrared sat, since it shows immediately whats going on w/ the storms...so far they're developing on the western flank more so than the eastern side, but the mtns may be affecting it also, so we'll see how it evolves. Just checked teh latest radar in western VA and they're coming together a little stronger than I thought, so it will be interesting to see if the line can re-organize again in western VA...if so, usually there's not much to stop them from reaching the southern piedmont and foothills of NC..we've seen it happen many times this season, 2 in April, 2 in May and so far I think once in June....all of them major MCC or derecho events, but again most are against it for sure. If it does make it to NC or TN at all, its notable b/c of its start in Canada earlier today...amazing long haul.

..OH/WV/KY AND THE CENTRAL/SRN APPALACHIANS... STORMS CONTINUE TO BECOME MORE DISORGANIZED IN GENERAL ACROSS THE OH/WV AREA...WITH MOST CONVECTION MORE CELLULAR AND TO THE COOL SIDE OF THE COMPOSITE OUTFLOW BOUNDARY. GIVEN THIS -- WHICH SUGGESTS LESSENING POTENTIAL FOR LOCALLY DAMAGING WINDS...WILL REMOVE SLIGHT RISK FROM THE FORECAST AND MAINTAIN ONLY LOW PROBABILITIES FOR HAIL/WIND.

post-38-0-23832100-1307480861.jpg

Storms forming on the on lee side of the app mtns. This would most likely be a crossing MCS. As stated before the mean wind has been decreasing which could be beneficial for maximizing ambient sinking downstream of the barrier. I do have my reservations on how strong the MCS will be though. The thermodynamic environment on the lee side of the mountain is becoming less favorable due to the angle of the sun decreasing.

Boring! Can't remember the last time I seen precipitation fall from the sky. I decided to take a peak into the long range of the GFS. It did show signs of the western trough eventually moving over to the eastern US. Maybe with the possibility of a -NAO and blocking going on we can get into a wetter and slightly cooler period later this June. Maybe...

Sent from my fingers using my Droid.

Boring! Can't remember the last time I seen precipitation fall from the sky. I decided to take a peak into the long range of the GFS. It did show signs of the western trough eventually moving over to the eastern US. Maybe with the possibility of a -NAO and blocking going on we can get into a wetter and slightly cooler period later this June. Maybe...

Sent from my fingers using my Droid.

If I remember right it has rained once since the April 27th outbreak here. Even that one lone tstorm was still not that much.....

Archived