• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
June

LithiaWx

pretty large clusters of thunderstorms have fired every 20 to 30 miles in most of west NC the last couple of hours. This may bode well for South Carolinas chances later on if they can organize. My temp has dropped to 74, and am enjoying this nice thundershower. After last year's continuous misses, I feel pretty lucky lately.

It's about time that we got what we deserve after the previous summer. It was always either a storm dies before it got to us, or they would skip and reform elsewhere. A complete 180 from those situations for sure this go around. Non rain-cooled temperature is now at 88 here from 95.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in Tennessee after spending Wednesday through Saturday on the coast in Wilmington. Man, I miss it already. Anyway, there are a few small cells firing just to my northwest into the Tri-Cities and heading this way. We'll see how quickly they can organize as they drift southeast. It looks like the Carolinas are in for a show tonight; the MCS over southeastern Tennessee has really intensified since I last glanced at radar around an hour ago.

^^ I suppose this is my answer:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MORRISTOWN HAS ISSUED A * SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...CARTER COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE...UNICOI COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE...WASHINGTON COUNTY IN EAST TENNESSEE...* UNTIL 615 PM EDT * AT 534 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL...AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR GRAY...OR 6 MILES NORTHWEST OF JOHNSON CITY...AND MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 25 MPH. * LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE...JOHNSON CITY...ERWIN...JONESBOROUGH...BANNER HILL...LEESBURG...AVONDALE...MILLIGAN COLLEGE...EMBREEVILLE...UNICOI AND LIMESTONE COVE.

Northern part of Gaston county now included in the severe thunderstorm warning until 6:45. The new cell that popped near the Lincolnton area has really strengthened in the past few minutes. Hail size has been indicated to be around 2" falling out of that storm. Hope Charlotte's ready because the cluster of thunderstorms crossing the Lake Norman area has gathered into one large storm and appears to be strongest that I see on radar.

Northern part of Gaston county now included in the severe thunderstorm warning until 6:45. The new cell that popped near the Lincolnton area has really strengthened in the past few minutes. Hail size has been indicated to be around 2" falling out of that storm. Hope Charlotte's ready because the cluster of thunderstorms crossing the Lake Norman area has gathered into one large storm and appears to be strongest that I see on radar.

I agree that complex just north of CLT now is extremely bad looking, could rake into Gaston as well. Currently hitting eastern Catawba and Lincoln very hard with some strong returns. Also, a new cell just popped to my north and it looks like another shower may get into here. Currently 73 nice degrees.

Apparently, the winds were strong enough to bring down trees in eastern Lincoln County. One reported on a residence, and trees down on some power lines. We were at Walmart in Lincolnton when the storm really cranked up. Knocked the power out there.

I'm on the third thunderstorm of the day here. This one has some major lightning strikes within a mile of the house..probably shouldn't be online :yikes: . None are major rainmakers since its never a direct hit but the constant rumbles of thunder for the last 3 hours has made an interesting day.

CLTwx, I take it the power is flickering in SW Charlotte ;)

Scorched here on the SE side of Raleigh. Just the first part of June, and already having to water just to keep the gardens alive and resembling something that looks like plants. Happy for those that are locking in to the rain. For some of you (Robert), I know that seeing occasional showers and storms is something you used to dream about, or have photos of tree rings to say "remember when..." :)

I'm hoping that Caribbean blob will somehow find it's way through the Southeast and benefit all of us. Really hard to count on "disturbances in the NW flow aloft..." for anything widespread and beneficial.

Archived