Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MVP: Most Valuable Poster 2010-11 Winter Season

wxsniss

Winter 2010-11 MVP  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who has made the most valuable posts Winter 2010-11 ?

• ORH_wxman (Will)
    • CoastalWx (Scott)
    • TyphoonTip (John)
    • messenger
    • weathafella (Jerry)
    • weatherwiz
    • wxmanmitch
    • CT Rain
    • OSUmetstud
    • wxwatcher91
    • ETauntonMA (Bob)
    • dendrite
    • 40/70 Benchmark (Ray)
    • Quincy
    • BIrving
    • Turtle
    • donsutherland1
    • mahk_webstah
    • baroclinic_instability
    • Ginx

Hi everyone!

Seeing as Winter 2010-11 is coming to an end, I thought we'd give credit to the Most Valued Posters on New England forums...

The poster who:

- provides the most thoughtful, helpful, intelligent discussions

- responds to questions most often

- avoids personal / emotional arguments

- devotes the most time to improving the quality of discussions

Vote and post why !

Note votes are anonymous.

The candidates listed (limited to 15 on these polls) were selected by the most obvious quantity and quality of posts this season, but please post if there are any obvious omissions. I'll refrain from voting myself.

Kudos and thanks to this MVP --- you have made this board meaningful and fun, and you are a big part in drawing us (the regulars, the lurkers, the bad-weather fans) back.

First I had to overcome the shock of not being nominated....I mean come on, Really? I've recovered. And then I voted. If I had a write in though I'd be strongly considering Pete and Ginxy. And, I'd have to put Dryslot in for dark horse, as he was always there with the Euro qpf, everyday like clockwork.

First I had to overcome the shock of not being nominated....I mean come on, Really? I've recovered. And then I voted. If I had a write in though I'd be strongly considering Pete and Ginxy. And, I'd have to put Dryslot in for dark horse, as he was always there with the Euro qpf, everyday like clockwork.

All worthy, I've added what I can fit (the poll feature limits the # of options), thanks!

Open-closed case...Will.

I'd say that Scooter is #2

Both of them are not only great mets, but they are very adept at preventing emotional investment from compromising their thought process.....meteorologically stoic and very seldom engage in bickering of any kind. They maintain that disconnect that very few can and that is what separates them from the vast majority of their peers...JMHO.

Only reason that I give Will the edge is because his climo knowledge base is more extensive than any other human being on the face of the plant.....probably because I'm not sure that he is entirely human, come to think of it...

Will...no offense to others...but I think is pretty easy.

To be fair, Will also has the advantage of being able to dedicate unlimited time to our events because he makes a living out of it and doesn't have kids, yet.....even Scott, while he doesn't have little scooters, has to focus on different regions while at work.

I agree that Will is numero uno, but I think a few others should be mentioned as well...

Such as Ryan. He's got a great perspective in the CT valley. Excellent analysis skills as well.

Then, you can't forget John. Whenever he could post, WOW, they were GREAT!!! Fab job this year, John.

Bob also did a really nice job with his temporary moderator status during the big storms, trying to keep these weenies in line. :arrowhead:

I am also honored to be even mentioned on this poll, but didn't have a whole lot of time to contribute.

Open-closed case...Will.

I'd say that Scooter is #2

Both of them are not only great mets, but they are very adept at preventing emotional investment from compromising their thought process.....meteorologically stoic and very seldom engage in bickering of any kind. They maintain that disconnect that very few can and that is what separates them from the vast majority of their peers...JMHO.

Only reason that I give Will the edge is because his climo knowledge base is more extensive than any other human being on the face of the plant.....probably because I'm not sure that he is entirely human, come to think of it...

Pretty much my sentiments. Will's memory for events is legendary I was once like that but there have been too many over 6 and 1/2 decades and the memory is not as good now..but never have I had the wealth of knowledge. Scott (CoastalWx) always knew when to hype and when not to.........great met. We're privileged to have both along with each one of you. I enjoyed this winter, am glad it's over so normalcy can return for awhile.

Wxniss....you add value to this forum. I'm almost never at the Brigham but many of the docs from there are at my work place and if you ever are...please stop by and say hi.

I think it's unfair to have to pick someone because there have been so many helpful posters this winter.

Gun to my head Will and Scott are tied for MVP just by shear # of Wx related posts and responses to questions.

If I were choosing someone for the best supporting cast it would have to be Typhoon Tip because his analysis is always in depth and delivered with humorous prose. (Although I don't pretend to understand half of the technical aspects.)

I think the list is an intentional insult.

Why would the useless irritant bvirgin be included in the list for MVP/2010-11?

There is no value in the snot he posts here.

Blizzy's posts are far more informed and they have additional brio with their entertainment value.

Remove the malignant bvirgin.

I vote for Blizzy.

He carries this board year-round

Screw the O P's snark.

Vim Toot

Yea exactly, how much snow yesterday fot the Tooter?

Pre-Squeal got a foot.

I just drove in from Lake George, NY this evening. There is still 8" fresh and no more melt.

Still a few feet in the woods and most fields except for the usual wind-blown spots.

I'm sick as a sniffle and dribble but tomoddow mording I break trail.

I can do dat!

Vim Toot!

Archived