Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MVP: Most Valuable Poster 2010-11 Winter Season

wxsniss

Winter 2010-11 MVP  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who has made the most valuable posts Winter 2010-11 ?

• ORH_wxman (Will)
    • CoastalWx (Scott)
    • TyphoonTip (John)
    • messenger
    • weathafella (Jerry)
    • weatherwiz
    • wxmanmitch
    • CT Rain
    • OSUmetstud
    • wxwatcher91
    • ETauntonMA (Bob)
    • dendrite
    • 40/70 Benchmark (Ray)
    • Quincy
    • BIrving
    • Turtle
    • donsutherland1
    • mahk_webstah
    • baroclinic_instability
    • Ginx

I voted for Will, but I would have voted for Ryan as well if I could vote twice. Blizz & Ginx would get my non-red-tagged votes.

Toot gets my vote for the scary guy in the corner at the prom who comes out once in a while and scares everyone off the dance floor :drunk:. In HS, I was more likely to hang out with Toot than the king.

I think the list is an intentional insult.

Why would the useless irritant bvirgin be included in the list for MVP/2010-11?

There is no value in the snot he posts here.

Blizzy's posts are far more informed and they have additional brio with their entertainment value.

Remove the malignant bvirgin.

I vote for Blizzy.

He carries this board year-round

Screw the O P's snark.

Vim Toot

Toot FTW.. Hopefully Wxniss will add me to the list..my feelings are hurt enough

Pre-Squeal got a foot.

I just drove in from Lake George, NY this evening. There is still 8" fresh and no more melt.

Still a few feet in the woods and most fields except for the usual wind-blown spots.

I'm sick as a sniffle and dribble but tomoddow mording I break trail.

I can do dat!

Vim Toot!

ride captain ride!

while my seeds germinate in the hothouse....

and dreams of spring lettuce dance in my head

Toot gets my vote for the scary guy in the corner at the prom who comes out once in a while and scares everyone off the dance floor :drunk:. In HS, I was more likely to hang out with Toot than the king.

I wasn't fonzie in HS. Matter of fact, I wasn't much in HS.

Dropped out as a Junior and ran away to sea (S. Amer./S. Africa) on the RV Atlantis II that year.

Now, go get me some of that punch you spiked.

Vim Toot!

ride captain ride!

while my seeds germinate in the hothouse....

and dreams of spring lettuce dance in my head

Please don't grow cukes.

Hackin' & gaggin' this morning but that snow looks so nice.

A glittery swath of Oz.

Billows of pillows call, "Vim Toot! Vim Toot! Vim Tooo-ooot..... Ride me Vim Toot. I'll be your pearly cushion. Float in me Vim Toot. I'll consume you in clouds of diamond dust."

I'm enslaved. It's all I want!

Gave you a thought (briefly) as I rolled down I-89 through Warner yesterday pm.

I tooted for you even though my mighty Mercedes horn isn't working.

Vim Toot!

Please don't grow cukes.

Hackin' & gaggin' this morning but that snow looks so nice.

A glittery swath of Oz.

Billows of pillows call, "Vim Toot! Vim Toot! Vim Tooo-ooot..... Ride me Vim Toot. I'll be your pearly cushion. Float in me Vim Toot. I'll consume you in clouds of diamond dust."

I'm enslaved. It's all I want!

Gave you a thought (briefly) as I rolled down I-89 through Warner yesterday pm.

I tooted for you even though my mighty Mercedes horn isn't working.

Vim Toot!

Riding still good in true GC I take it?

Riding still good in true GC I take it?

Well put.

Trails in Caribou then north and west were groomed Sun morning. Aha!

So I rode north to Ste. Agathe for lunch and wine. For my cold.

Headed SE to Limestone and then south to Ft. Fairfield where the riding became sketchy. Bare spots on trail but the fields are sublime.

Steered SW for Pre Squeal and finally a 5 mile field crossing in alpenglow homeward to shaque Vim Toot. Had another wine for my cold.

Did a hundred easy miles and twenty arduous ones.

Lesson re-learned: north and west for better snow is the rule both in macro and micro.

Still more than 2' in the woods and many fields. Windblown spots are thin/bare. Wind-deposited areas are flush and ripe.

The sun is up now. Temp in PQI- 12f.

Clear skies, no wind, cool temp and centuries of snow-laden field-span are my fate.

Nothing focuses the mind so much as the knowledge that one is riding the last snows of winter in the morning.

I wake every day this time of year with that certain knowledge foremost in my mind.

After thanking God first, of course.

Vim Toot!

Well put.

Trails in Caribou then north and west were groomed Sun morning. Aha!

So I rode north to Ste. Agathe for lunch and wine. For my cold.

Headed SE to Limestone and then south to Ft. Fairfield where the riding became sketchy. Bare spots on trail but the fields are sublime.

Steered SW for Pre Squeal and finally a 5 mile field crossing in alpenglow homeward to shaque Vim Toot. Had another wine for my cold.

Did a hundred easy miles and twenty arduous ones.

Lesson re-learned: north and west for better snow is the rule both in macro and micro.

Still more than 2' in the woods and many fields. Windblown spots are thin/bare. Wind-deposited areas are flush and ripe.

The sun is up now. Temp in PQI- 12f.

Clear skies, no wind, cool temp and centuries of snow-laden field-span are my fate.

Nothing focuses the mind so much as the knowledge that one is riding the last snows of winter in the morning.

I wake every day this time of year with that certain knowledge foremost in my mind.

After thanking God first, of course.

Vim Toot!

Very well put. I was thinking similar thoughts as I made my last few ski runs yesterday. I tried to impart this idea on my 9 year old son who I skied with many times this great winter.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying: And this same flower that smiles to-day To-morrow will be dying. The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun, The higher he 's a-getting, The sooner will his race be run, And nearer he 's to setting. That age is best which is the first, When youth and blood are warmer; But being spent, the worse, and worst Times still succeed the former. Then be not coy, but use your time, And while ye may, go marry: For having lost but once your prime, You may for ever tarry.

Very well put. I was thinking similar thoughts as I made my last few ski runs yesterday. I tried to impart this idea on my 9 year old son who I skied with many times this great winter.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying: And this same flower that smiles to-day To-morrow will be dying. The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun, The higher he 's a-getting, The sooner will his race be run, And nearer he 's to setting. That age is best which is the first, When youth and blood are warmer; But being spent, the worse, and worst Times still succeed the former. Then be not coy, but use your time, And while ye may, go marry: For having lost but once your prime, You may for ever tarry.

A shame the verse format didn't translate.

That Herrick poem is lovely. I just read it to Mimi, ten, who needs few reminders to "live in the now", as unpoetic as that sounds.

A funny contrast in this dopey thread: A 19 yr-old squeaks that he has one fan while the grown-ups cite classic poetry.

Grown-ups FTW.

Vim Toot!

A shame the verse format didn't translate.

That Herrick poem is lovely. I just read it to Mimi, ten, who needs few reminders to "live in the now", as unpoetic as that sounds.

A funny contrast in this dopey thread: A 19 yr-old squeaks that he has one fan while the grown-ups cite classic poetry.

Grown-ups FTW.

Vim Toot!

Yeah, I stupidly deleted some of the verse numbers when I copied and pasted and it effed up the format. I remember learning that back in HS a million years ago.

Archived