• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Tulip Trouncer Threat IV

Baroclinic Zone

You get about that. It has me around 0.65-0.70. But I don't like the lack of the big omega bomb. So it would be snow that takes longer to accumulate.

It's also warmer at mid levels. You def flirt with 0c at 850 now which is a lot toastier than previous Euro runs.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think it pull like 3" of slop.

I'll take it....I can deal with this over Dec 1996.

Yeah verbatim you get probably a few inches of slop this run. Its pretty close to bombing E MA, its just a shade late so we'll see how things look as the afternoon progresses.

I TOLD YOU SO.... It was the 30 hour overtrend... I'm writing a meteorogical paper.. I don't care. There is always a trend that corrects within 30 hrs.

I think it's just more the sampling of the kicker. In pretty much convinced of it now...so is ncep.

INTERESTINGLY...THIS MORE OFFSHORE

SOLUTION WAS THE PREDOMINATE ONE OUT AT DAY 5...AND AS OFTEN

HAPPENS...THE DAY 3 CONSENSUS WAS THE ODD GROUPING OUT...MOST

LIKELY OWING TO THE SPARSE DATA SAMPLING OF THE CRITICAL ENERGY

OVER THE OPEN PACIFIC.

I think it's just more the sampling of the kicker. In pretty much convinced of it now...so is ncep.

INTERESTINGLY...THIS MORE OFFSHORE

SOLUTION WAS THE PREDOMINATE ONE OUT AT DAY 5...AND AS OFTEN

HAPPENS...THE DAY 3 CONSENSUS WAS THE ODD GROUPING OUT...MOST

LIKELY OWING TO THE SPARSE DATA SAMPLING OF THE CRITICAL ENERGY

OVER THE OPEN PACIFIC.

It's amazing how often we go from great consensus in the 60-72 hour period only to have the storm go to crap.

LOL, typically I'd be bummed but today I just don't care.

I know and I'm not knocking...just pointing out that's what I meant. Had a feeling the euro wouldn't have the gfs feedback issue. Big dud.

Scott, but look where it's heading. It's slipping east and later. Given the 45 day history what is the chance it stops shifting right now? Slim imo

oops

Yeah this is definitely no better than Advisory level snow across pretty much all of BTV's zones except maybe far eastern along the NH border. Plus, this time of year after a snowy winter, it doesn't make sense to keep a warning up. People see Warning and expect at least a foot... maybe it would cut it if this was November, but I lowered my operational forecast for the ski resort to 3-6" which is really just another day at the mountain.

Archived