Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Tulip Trouncer Threat IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what has me a little nervous for the Ct River Valley even though I have good latitude (14 mi from VT).

Needless to say the least favorable outcome for me would be 10 hours of snow that amounts to little or no accumulation because the storm is weaker east and I get downsloped.

I think that problem is sufficiently resolved by the time it hits my lat\longitude, but it will be tight and it's a valid concern.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Big time bummer.

lol. Box's forecast that just updated still looks good. You always fret but it always ends up dumping. (almost always).

Tonight: A chance of rain before 7pm, then snow. Low around 27. East wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Friday: Snow. High near 36. North wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow likely, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind between 10 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

As far as the interior goes, don't forget...this is not just a temp issue. I think a lot of the areas won't necessarily have a nail biter with temps..especially the higher terrain. We really want an omega bomb to come through.

Yeah we don't want it all getting shunted off to the east. That would produce a pretty pedestrian event if that ends up happening.

To those that replied to my last post....think it's kind of clear there's an issue with the resolution of convection right now in the carolinas and subsequently offshore. I have to wonder if the models that are further nw AND developed like the gfs aren't suffering from feedback and therefore are too far nw.

The Uk is way east. That's odd given how strong it was until the 0z last night as ncep noted. The jury is still out on the spin in the carolinas/whether that was an error or not. Next few hours will paint a clearer picture.

Euro is gonna woop too I think

To those that replied to my last post....think it's kind of clear there's an issue with the resolution of convection right now in the carolinas and subsequently offshore. I have to wonder if the models that are further nw AND developed like the gfs aren't suffering from feedback and therefore are too far nw.

The Uk is way east. That's odd given how strong it was until the 0z last night as ncep noted. The jury is still out on the spin in the carolinas/whether that was an error or not. Next few hours will paint a clearer picture.

Euro is gonna woop too I think

Technical jargon.

Archived