Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Tulip Trouncer Threat II - End of March/ Early April

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scorpion bowls at your apt.

I'm starting to feel pretty good here...I won't get too high yet because we are still 3 days out....but on the western solutions like the Euro, I'm pretty good, and the eastern solutions I'm still good. I don't need to jackpot like some of the jackpot fetish folks here, but I just want a little wiggle room to get good snows.

I'm starting to feel pretty good here...I won't get too high yet because we are still 3 days out....but on the western solutions like the Euro, I'm pretty good, and the eastern solutions I'm still good. I don't need to jackpot like some of the jackpot fetish folks here, but I just want a little wiggle room to get good snows.

Yeah you and Kev are probably in an overall good spot, all things considered.

Would you say you and i are basically in the same boat?

Also, antecedent conditions are actually better vs 97.

This is true, and I was thinking just about that very same aspect at lunch...

In 1997, the high temperature 4 days before the storm was 58F up at the University (UML). 3 days prior, 61. 2 days prior, 64F. It was a Saturday, with light tepid breezes in hot March 30th sun as I ambled across the bridge in route to Fox Tower for brunch. Across all those days the models were slowly converging on a -3 or -4SD closure ideally positioned S-SE of LI, and I really recall thinking how oblivious the campus was as to what would undoubtedly unfold. Girls, the 20-year old nubile kind, were laying out on blankets in swim suits, where they untie the back part? Frizbies zoomed around over head. Dorm room windows were all up with curtains gently flitting out of them. It was just as epically gorgeous out as the implication was on those weather charts.

The morning before the storm day, the high was in the low 40s - and I think it was at midnight. That day I recall big huge rain drops falling sparsely - it was an eerie vibe kind of. They were like giant jungle drop thunderstorm wads of water that fell like one ever square meter much of the morning. Light rain, but heavy if one pelted you. The rain went normal looking, steady, and flipped to snow late in that afternoon, and then of course over night all hell broke loose. We only received 18" - only, ha - up at the college. My buddy in Wayland Mass had almost double that. He phoned me the next morning to tell me that there was like 8 or 9 straight hours of occasional lightning with very loud booming thunder, with whiteout conditions. Chokingly, suffogatingly heavy snow.

This time, we are not going to get that. However, we are not as warm. We won't see anything close to 60F, and with the nights being below freezing regionally, it's a better bet that the soil is still well enough prepped for accumulation.

Any chance there is the dreaded southern solution?

This is true, and I was thinking just about that very same aspect at lunch...

In 1997, the high temperature 4 days before the storm was 58F up at the University (UML). 3 days prior, 61. 2 days prior, 64F. It was a Saturday, with light tepid breezes in hot March 30th sun as I ambled across the bridge in route to Fox Tower for brunch. Across all those days the models were slowly converging on a -3 or -4SD closure ideally positioned S-SE of LI, and I really recall thinking how oblivious the campus was as to what would undoubtedly unfold. Girls, the 20-year old nubile kind, were laying out on blankets in swim suits, where they untie the back part? Frizbies zoomed around over head. Door room windows were all up with curtains gently flitting out of them. It was just as epically gorgeous out as the implication was on those weather charts.

The morning before the storm day, the high was in the low 40s - and I think it was at midnight. That day I recall big huge rain drops falling sparsely - it was an eerie vibe kind of. They were like giant jungle drop thunderstorm wads of water that fell like one ever square meter much of the morning. Light rain, but heavy if one pelted you. The rain went normal looking, steady, and flipped to snow late in that afternoon, and then of course over night all hell broke loose. We only at 18" - only, ha - up at the college. My buddy in Wayland Mass had almost double that. He phoned me the next morning to tell me that there was like 8 or 9 straight hours of occasional lightning with very loud booming thunder, with whiteout conditions. Chokingly, suffogatingly heavy snow.

This time, we are not going to get that. However, we are not as warm. We won't see anything close to 60F, and with the nights being below freezing regionally, it's a better bet that the soil is still well enough prepped for accumulation.

Ahhhh.... I knew he had to post about it!

We need the western data to come in still, though, correct?

I knew it couldn't be too bad when I got home and saw 92 people in the thread. Wish I could lock up the euro. damn.

higher elevation might hinder accums during a daytime spring snowstorm because it's closer to the sun

laugh.gif

It's nice right now but the only thing I've locked up is that it's going to snow. Whether that's no accum or 18"...remains to be seen lol.

What did the euro have for starting time? 9z-12z Friday like the gfs?

One of the noon broadcasts mentioned brief wet snow to upper 40s and rain yikes.png

66-72 hours out on 3/29 and the euro and gfs both give me 12-18". I like.

I would start mentioning the possibility of significant snow here...even if we change to rain (starting to look less likely). I wouldn't throw around huge amounts to the public yet, but I would at least mention the possibility of plowable snow.

Archived