• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Tulip Trouncer Threat II - End of March/ Early April

Baroclinic Zone

It looks weird on the ensembles. In comparing the 500 height progs, this trough is actually sharper and would argue for a low somewhat west of the 00z run, yet it's east on the 12z run. If I had to guess, they might be a little too far east, but we are still in that shaky period where models shift around.

Canadian is back nw of 00z.

im confuzzled, i thought somebody said it was east, thanks scooter. I dont envy you guys with this one!

gfs is a monster hit here, client this morning asked about a possible snowstorm thur night, media must be starting to pick up on the possibility

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said it yesterday models are often too fast to crumble the nao too fast

I agree with this whole-heartedly.

Many folks even last night were talking about how they were worried about a cutter instead of this going out-to-sea because the NAO is going to break down. But "the NAO is going to break down" is based off model guidance and models tend to rush that. Also, given that the past week the confluence has been nothing short of amazingly strong, I think there's definitely a much better chance of this going out-to-sea than it tracking west... though sometimes I think that's just a defense mechanism some of us put up as they are more saying they'd rather it go out to sea and miss everyone, than watch folks in NY state get a cement bomb.

That NAO just isn't going to crumble over the next 48 hours.

im confuzzled, i thought somebody said it was east, thanks scooter. I dont envy you guys with this one!

gfs is a monster hit here, client this morning asked about a possible snowstorm thur night, media must be starting to pick up on the possibility

The GFS ensembles went a little east of 00z and 06z. The Canadian came back nw of 00z. The 12z Canadian is stuck at hr 72, but probably would be nice for SNE in terms of QPF.

Luckily I don't have to start thinking of it seriously until tomorrow..so I can just sit and wait.

The GFS ensembles went a little east of 00z and 06z. The Canadian came back nw of 00z. The 12z Canadian is stuck at hr 72, but probably would be nice for SNE in terms of QPF.

Luckily I don't have to start thinking of it seriously until tomorrow..so I can just sit and wait.

I'm as serious as cancer..when i say rhythm is a dancer

Many folks even last night were talking about how they were worried about a cutter instead of this going out-to-sea because the NAO is going to break down. But "the NAO is going to break down" is based off model guidance and models tend to rush that. Also, given that the past week the confluence has been nothing short of amazingly strong, I think there's definitely a much better chance of this going out-to-sea than it tracking west... though sometimes I think that's just a defense mechanism some of us put up as they are more saying they'd rather it go out to sea and miss everyone, than watch folks in NY state get a cement bomb.

Anything can happen. I put the Uk and gfs on par with the nogaps of east coast cred. Nogaps is always way se those too lately are often nw.

Probably a compromise between the nam/gfs is the best guess right now. That too will move in the coming days

I don't see the NAO as the issue. In fact, it's on it's way up big time. Just look at how it looks at H5. The problem here is related to which s/w does what, and how intense is it. I don't see a confluence issue. There is weak ridging over ern Canada.

Good point by DT on facebook... David Tolleris ‎12zGFS like the last few runs is crap. Really crap...IMO . Sure there is going to be a BIG coastal Low-- been saying that on the web site and on FB since 3/23. From what I see the 12z GFS is still absurd ....this looks like ...a EASTERN new England storm to me... the upstream" Kicker" over MN and MB at 60 hrs is clearly there and that short wave SHOULD be kicking the s/w over the se states further east but the GFS ignores it and closes off the 500 mb low waaaaay too sooon. I just dont see how the GFS solution makes any sense .

Good point by DT on facebook... David Tolleris ‎12zGFS like the last few runs is crap. Really crap...IMO . Sure there is going to be a BIG coastal Low-- been saying that on the web site and on FB since 3/23. From what I see the 12z GFS is still absurd ....this looks like ...a EASTERN new England storm to me... the upstream" Kicker" over MN and MB at 60 hrs is clearly there and that short wave SHOULD be kicking the s/w over the se states further east but the GFS ignores it and closes off the 500 mb low waaaaay too sooon. I just dont see how the GFS solution makes any sense .

I also have concerns about the 3rd (kicker) become a more dominant player as well.

We commented on the kicker yesterday, which will likely keep it from stalling. Just not sure if it shoves it really far to the east.

I looked at the individual members on the ensembles. They look better as compared to 06z which had some flat waves for sure. As comparing to 00z, some members went nw, some se...but the ensembles lost a few of those really amped up members near NJ, so that might be part of the reason it went east since it didn't have those nutty members. There are still many that have a decent hit. A few are biggies.

Canadian is a crusher.

He's an idiot

With the shorter wavelengths this time of year, having the "kicker" might be a good thing--that might be what's preventing this storm from going inland. With longer wavelengths, that kicker could send it OTS...but we could definitely compensate for the "kicker" with the shorter wavelengths, IMO.

Archived