Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Give up on an encore

Typhoon Tip

He's getting a minivan soon!

Wait until he has to deal with his first car seat buckle in a raging snowstorm....

were screwed

*** ALERT *** POSSIBLE East coast storm for MARCH 15-16-17... 12z EURO - UKMET and CANADIAN show Coastal Low developing 3/15 with Large cold HIGH to the North over eastern Great Lakes / North New England ... SNOW into Shenandoah western MD WVA central and Northeast PA northwest NJ much of NY ...

laugh.gif

DT's been ahead of the curve the last month or two...maybe he's onto something here.

I want his job...

He forgot to mention hurricane, drought, or Godzilla

Godzilla is tied up in the mideast....we can rule that one out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prepare the family, have extra bread and booze onhand, massive, massive power outages enroute

I hope you can survive the onslaught.

Big meh incoming!

As Ginx said, the lull is coming to an end. Monday was an awesome ski day. Really trying to get as much time on the snow as is possible. My AK friends are going to try to kill me.

As Ginx said, the lull is coming to an end. Monday was an awesome ski day. Really trying to get as much time on the snow as is possible. My AK friends are going to try to kill me.

I could really stand for another storm (or 2 or 3). I know in March it rains, but it used to snow, too.

You booked an AK trip, I just booked an August Disney trip... The humanity.

Ever ski Bousquets?

I could really stand for another storm (or 2 or 3). I know in March it rains, but it used to snow, too.

You booked an AK trip, I just booked an August Disney trip... The humanity.

Ever ski Bousquets?

Yes. I sometimes race as an alternate on Tuesday nights at Bousquet. Small hill, family hill. Disney in August, that's crazy.lol

I'd still probably give it an A-, but despite the snowfall and snow pack duration...it seems tough to give an A or even an A- when March is a dud. I always feel like March should be a winter month, so if it's crap, then maybe that changes things.

I go with a 3 grade average method for winter report cards, using DJF. March is an extra-credit month, which can make or break. But the pith of the season's G.P.A. is based DJF. If you get to an A+ by Feb 28/29, it's over. Meteorological winter is where it should count as scientists. If you get a 50% - or F - out of DJF, and then a 30" jaugernaut event takes place in March, then you're grade gets bumped into passing because your dad bought a new wing addition to some hall for the University.

Having said that, I grade for cold and snow, here's the logic.

Temperature:

Warm departure days = +1 pt; cold departure days also = +1 pt. At the end of the month, subtract the warm total from the cool total, divide by the total number of days in that month, then multiply by 100. That is the grade for cold for that given month.

Snow:

Easier, total the given months snow total, divide it by the 30-year average for that month, multiply by 100.

Once you have December, do the same for Jan and Feb. Then sum them up and divide by 3. That is the grade for the winter, with as said, an opportunity to make up with extra-credit in March.

I take the FIT-LWM-BOS-PVD-HFD-PSF for the approximate regional report card, where the above logic is calculated at each site, then the average is taken. For indivuals, just do the same analysis for the point location/site.

This is the fairest way to do it that removes personal insanity biases like ..."I didn't get 200", F!" bullschit. Take it or leave it.

Since I tried doing a little cleanup today..probably can lock in an Ash Annihilator...lol. I had to free my hedges from what's left of the snow, and they are in rough shape. Some snapped.

Filled up two wheel barrows of limbs just in the front yard, epic mess, glad I jump started during the thaw.

I go with a 3 grade average method for winter report cards, using DJF. March is an extra-credit month, which can make or break. But the pith of the season's G.P.A. is based DJF. If you get to an A+ by Feb 28/29, it's over. Meteorological winter is where it should count as scientists. If you get a 50% - or F - out of DJF, and then a 30" jaugernaut event takes place in March, then you're grade gets bumped into passing because your dad bought a new wing addition to some hall for the University.

Temperature:

Warm departure days = +1 pt; cold departure days also = +1 pt. At the end of the month, subtract the warm total from the cool total, divide by the total number of days in that month, then multiply by 100. That is the grade for cold for that given month.

Snow:

Easier, total the given months snow total, divide it by the 30-year average for that month, multiply by 100.

Once you have December, do the same for Jan and Feb. Then sum them up and divide by 3. That is the grade for the winter, with as said, an opportunity to make up with extra-credit in March.

I take the FIT-LWM-BOS-PVD-HFD-PSF for the approximate regional report card, where the above logic is calculated at each site, then the average is taken. For indivuals, just do the same analysis for the point location/site.

This is the fairest way to do it that removes personal insanity biases like ..."I didn't get 200", F!" bullschit. Take it or leave it.

:weenie:

Temperature:

Snow:

Snow cover and depth are missing from your equation, F to you for incomplete.

The GFS ensembles have the threat for the D10 time frame like the Euro ensembles did, but it looks further north and warmer on the GFS. The OP run was actually too far south. That might be another period to watch for a snow threat.

The GFS ensembles have the threat for the D10 time frame like the Euro ensembles did, but it looks further north and warmer on the GFS. The OP run was actually too far south. That might be another period to watch for a snow threat.

Big block over western Canada/AK develops, right? That sends in a transient cold shot and snow chance, Will??

Heard probably the best knowledgeable first selectman interview on the radio ever. WCBS radio in NYC interviewed Bethel CT selectman about the upcoming rain and the effects on his town which suffered flooding this week. The dude knew this week fell on frozen ground and was all runoff, also knew it was the intensity and snowmelt not the amount which caused the problem. He must be a hydrologist or WX hobbyist. Very different to hear town officials actually speak as informed people.

Well for many reasons I hope this Syzygy time frame is a blockbuster.

Temperature:

Snow:

:lmao::weenie:

So whats your grade? :guitar:

Archived