christians
    Newest Member
    christians
Give up on an encore

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March is probably one of my favorite months. September is a close 2nd.

:axe:

hate it. 35F-55F is about the most useless 20 degree spread on the thermometer. can't snow, still have to dress warmly to go outdoors, feels fookin cold in the wind. snow cover is gone. nothing like 180 degree panoramas of brown/gray/grayer/browner...maybe some light brown and light grays mixed in.

awesome.

hate it. 35F-55F is about the most useless 20 degree spread on the thermometer. can't snow, still have to dress warmly to go outdoors, feels fookin cold in the wind. snow cover is gone. nothing like 180 degree panoramas of brown/gray/grayer/browner...maybe some light brown and light grays mixed in.

awesome.

All kids spring sports begin, no bugs, no humidity, no mowing or weed whacking, no heatwaves, everything starts to come to life - grass, buds, good groundfishing weather offshore, canal bike/run/rollerblad season begins, march madness, playoff runs in major sports...GREAT spring skiing..... I guess it all depends on what your interests are.

I'm with SkiMRG to some extent...great month even if you have to drive a little to get to winter.

Not a big fan of September...I love March/April...longer days and everything comes to life...how can anyone not like it unless you're a polar bear, ice road trucker or shutin?

March is a lot nicer back here in CT than it is for coastal MA too. Here we really get spoiled when you guys are getting screwed by backdoors.

awesome.

I don't mind the 50s. Can get by with a t-shirt or maybe a sweatshirt and jeans (even shorts depending on what I'm doing).

Depends on the wind, and if it is rainy.

I like skiing in the 40s... very fun

360 panoramas up this way. Still brown and gray once the snow is gone (soon...)

All kids spring sports begin, no bugs, no humidity, no mowing or weed whacking, no heatwaves, everything starts to come to life - grass, buds, good groundfishing weather offshore, canal bike/run/rollerblad season begins, march madness, playoff runs in major sports...GREAT spring skiing..... I guess it all depends on what your interests are.

I'm with SkiMRG to some extent...great month even if you have to drive a little to get to winter.

This...

I don't mind the 50s. Can get by with a t-shirt or maybe a sweatshirt and jeans (even shorts depending on what I'm doing).

Depends on the wind, and if it is rainy.

I like skiing in the 40s... very fun

360 panoramas up this way. Still brown and gray once the snow is gone (soon...)

ha ha. half the view is ocean down this way.

I agree...it's just kind of a useless month imo. Maybe you get a day or two near 70, but the temperature usually doesn't cooperate for anything pleasant.

i like the warm days when they actually arrive but they are just too few and far between. what good is 38F with an east wind gusting to 20 knots? give me 32F and snow, some big coastals, or fast forward to may. LOL.

ha ha. half the view is ocean down this way.

I know...

I really enjoy the coast starting around April. My mom is on the water in RI and we ramp up visits down there before the big summer tourist/traffic nightmare.

It is pretty ugly in my area once the snow is gone/before the leaves/grass come in

At least there are no bugs

I like how you pretend your climate is like orh. Early spring is normally quite pleasant jn ct while orh, pvd and bos get screwed.

Nina springs suck dude...you know it and so does everyone else..you can already see it setting up on the ensembles the final 10 days of the month..with -NAO

Gibbs texted me and said April and may look brutal this year. No getting around it this year.

April is often pretty good too. Especially around 61N

it's the only time of year i don't like. everything just looks lifeless. a lone daffodil or forsythia just doesn't cut it.

plus, it's the start of tick season which sucks.

I will admit I enjoyed last spring immensel. if we can't snow..i'd prefer just go right to summer mode..shorts and lawn activities and yard work. If we didn't have to get thru the misery of springwx I would be fine with warming up if snow season is over

Archived