Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Give up on an encore

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the warm days when they actually arrive but they are just too few and far between. what good is 38F with an east wind gusting to 20 knots? give me 32F and snow, some big coastals, or fast forward to may. LOL.

Agreed. Sure the sun feels nice, but oh the fun we have walking around all bundled up. If April and May end up being cutoff city, I'll be at North Station reaching for the third rail.

I will admit I enjoyed last spring immensel. if we can't snow..i'd prefer just go right to summer mode..shorts and lawn activities and yard work. If we didn't have to get thru the misery of springwx I would be fine with warming up if snow season is over

agree 100%

once the warmth comes i really enjoy it, love doing yard work in the spring etc.

Nina springs suck dude...you know it and so does everyone else..you can already see it setting up on the ensembles the final 10 days of the month..with -NAO

Gibbs texted me and said April and may look brutal this year. No getting around it this year.

Warm Springs suck. Much better to have an extended cool and rainy Spring. The fewers days in the year that top 40 degrees the better. Perfect fishing weather.

Warm Springs suck. Much better to have an extended cool and rainy Spring. The fewers days in the year that top 40 degrees the better. Perfect Sarah Mclachlan suicide tailpiping weather.

this is true. i actually read an article the other day that said higher elevation locations have a substantially higher suicide rate. best of luck.

euro gives you about an inch of snow on day 10.

:thumbsup:

Back in Jan when everyone was banging the RUC and chest bumping we (well some of us) thought it would last forever...

Reality slaps have hurt this year after mid-Feb

Still, having 6"+ of snow otg since late December has been nice. No major flood issues IMBY. No roof collapses for MBY

A little below avg tempwise, so I'm happy

Fast forward me to June if we are done with the snow, though. Better yet, fast forward me to October

:thumbsup:

Back in Jan when everyone was banging the RUC and chest bumping we (well some of us) thought it would last forever...

Reality slaps have hurt this year after mid-Feb

Still, having 6"+ of snow otg since late December has been nice. No major flood issues IMBY. No roof collapses for MBY

A little below avg tempwise, so I'm happy

Fast forward me to June if we are done with the snow, though. Better yet, fast forward me to October

This. snow>heat, but summer vacation> 50F and drizzle

Heaps of cranky pants goin' on in here.

If you guys want something to do, grab your snow shovels and come on up. I've got some serious banks to move before he floods come. :pimp:

no cranky pants here. just know there are some others on here who feel the same so can vent the frustration and not get the strange looks like i do elsewhere. :lol:

this is true. i actually read an article the other day that said higher elevation locations have a substantially higher suicide rate. best of luck.

lol. I think the actual article was about the increased longevity of people that lived in the higher elevations. I actually really enjoy fishing on the Cape in the nasty Spring weather. Great trout fishing, always fun.

no cranky pants here. just know there are some others on here who feel the same so can vent the frustration and not get the strange looks like i do elsewhere. :lol:

I know--just busting on you guys. We'll be in the same boat in a few weeks when we're axle deep in mud.

lol. I think the actual article was about the increased longevity of people that lived in the higher elevations.

Maybe we should start a 1000'+ club.

LOL. You knock Wachusett a lot but all kidding aside what a great resource to have in the backyard. How many visits now?

It is what it is... small, overcrowded (sometimes) and full of chuckleheads, but it is good for me. This is my favorite time though since it is empty.

31 visits thus far, could not go last night due to a wake. Most only for 2-4 hours. They just posted they are starting to close early (8PM) starting Monday.

I will just have to change at work and keep the boards in the car. Actually... I have to pick them up from the shop.

The moguls are gone from 10th, which is too bad. I would go in them a bit just for fun, but it was great to watch the good skiers bang them.

Might head north (or west) soon to show my son a real hill.

March can be the best skiing if the weather is good (right around 32) and the corn is out

I mentioned last year when March went snowless that people would be begging for cold/snow and interesting weather by September...and I was right. Its funny how many uninteresting weather days we get in summer and fall lead to people sick of it when there is still 40-60 days of it to go.

There's plenty of time for warm clear days....we'll get as many as we want. But right now, I'll take any chance of snow we can get because once its gone, we are in weather hell for 7 months if you like interesting weather.

I mentioned last year when March went snowless that people would be begging for cold/snow and interesting weather by September...and I was right. Its funny how many uninteresting weather days we get in summer and fall lead to people sick of it when there is still 40-60 days of it to go.

There's plenty of time for warm clear days....we'll get as many as we want. But right now, I'll take any chance of snow we can get because once its gone, we are in weather hell for 7 months if you like interesting weather.

i'll even take spring/early summer cut-offs if they are anomalous and bring some sort of coastal like may 05 or something.

once we are into summer i'll stupidly track the tropics everyday because that's what i do...and i'll foolishly watch the decaying thunderstorms but it's just not the same.

for some reason it's bothering me more this year than in the past. it might be because last spring was probably a once-in-a-lifetime experience and chances are we will have a more typical go at it this year. i'm just not looking forward to this 10-week uphill battle to summer.

Yeah, exactly. We have 5-6 months of warmer weather ahead of it, why rush it? I don't mind cold temps in March. I'm too busy to be outside much anyway.

40F and cloudy now.

i'll even take spring/early summer cut-offs if they are anomalous and bring some sort of coastal like may 05 or something.

once we are into summer i'll stupidly track the tropics everyday because that's what i do...and i'll foolishly watch the decaying thunderstorms but it's just not the same.

for some reason it's bothering me more this year than in the past. it might be because last spring was probably a once-in-a-lifetime experience and chances are we will have a more typical go at it this year. i'm just not looking forward to this 10-week uphill battle to summer.

It always gets me bad when we stop looking at models every run. Usually once the last threat of any snow in April goes by the boards, model tracking is reduced to a quick glance twice a day at the Euro or ensembles to see if we are going to get an early season torch or some sort of cutoff and drizzle. Its awful.

And even for the rare convection events that actually pan out, the models are relatively useless until very close in. There's no reason to really track them every run again until November.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. This is why I was hoping for a good March...at least I can enter suicide season, satisfied with the snowfall.

Who knows, maybe we are in for another nice Spring, but I have a feeling April and perhaps May will be noose time.

I know--just busting on you guys. We'll be in the same boat in a few weeks when we're axle deep in mud.

Maybe we should start a 1000'+ club.

Lol. Good idea except that we'd have to include Blizz so that kills that.

It is what it is... small, overcrowded (sometimes) and full of chuckleheads, but it is good for me. This is my favorite time though since it is empty.

31 visits thus far, could not go last night due to a wake. Most only for 2-4 hours. They just posted they are starting to close early (8PM) starting Monday.

I will just have to change at work and keep the boards in the car. Actually... I have to pick them up from the shop.

The moguls are gone from 10th, which is too bad. I would go in them a bit just for fun, but it was great to watch the good skiers bang them.

Might head north (or west) soon to show my son a real hill.

March can be the best skiing if the weather is good (right around 32) and the corn is out

Spring skiing is bittersweet. I wish ski season would never end. I'd gladly forsake Golf.

I'm a little bit different then some of you I guess. The seasons are beautiful and the changes that come with them only bother me for a couple days then I realize theres interest in every season. Winter brings relaxation and rest and snow for me after a battering season of ball. Spring is an awesome time when you bring the grill back up to the deck and enjoy a return of t shirt and shorts. Not to mention the best playoff time of the year when you can watch the b's celtics and college playoffs! Its also a return of golf. Big qpf'ers can be fun also. Summer is tracking cane's, preparing for football season, beach, golf, cape, red sox baseball, and t storms. Fall is a tough time for me. Im in a lot of pain during the football season but its great to be able to watch collehe football and the nfl again. Probably the most depressing time of the year. Too cold to go out, too warm for snow. A waiting game, while the grill goes back to the cellar.

Step one of the spring next week, a drunken st paddys day. Two of them to be exact. Neighborhood is pissed about the article in the globe today, the group that lost the right to march in the parade when i was a kid is having their own parade. Bound to be trouble, something will happen. Especially in such a pro-support our troops town. Will always catch heat when you are a gay group protesting the wars in southie on st patricks day.... lmao.

Archived