• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Give up on an encore

Typhoon Tip

I'm a little bit different then some of you I guess. The seasons are beautiful and the changes that come with them only bother me for a couple days then I realize theres interest in every season. Winter brings relaxation and rest and snow for me after a battering season of ball. Spring is an awesome time when you bring the grill back up to the deck and enjoy a return of t shirt and shorts. Not to mention the best playoff time of the year when you can watch the b's celtics and college playoffs! Its also a return of golf. Big qpf'ers can be fun also. Summer is tracking cane's, preparing for football season, beach, golf, cape, red sox baseball, and t storms. Fall is a tough time for me. Im in a lot of pain during the football season but its great to be able to watch collehe football and the nfl again. Probably the most depressing time of the year. Too cold to go out, too warm for snow. A waiting game, while the grill goes back to the cellar.

Step one of the spring next week, a drunken st paddys day. Two of them to be exact. Neighborhood is pissed about the article in the globe today, the group that lost the right to march in the parade when i was a kid is having their own parade. Bound to be trouble, something will happen. Especially in such a pro-support our troops town. Will always catch heat when you are a gay group protesting the wars in southie on st patricks day.... lmao.

Yeah in late May, lol.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats everyone

2011031020metarsalb.gif

LOL - yeah that's what i'm talking about. break out the shorts, grab the t-shirts...fire up the grill...let's play a game of whiffleball....maybe some horseshoes....44F, OVC, stiff SE wind gusts to 20 knots. let's just add some drizzle.

nothing like red knuckle, nose-dripping spring cold.

doesn't get better than that. :axe: :axe:

It always gets me bad when we stop looking at models every run. Usually once the last threat of any snow in April goes by the boards, model tracking is reduced to a quick glance twice a day at the Euro or ensembles to see if we are going to get an early season torch or some sort of cutoff and drizzle. Its awful.

And even for the rare convection events that actually pan out, the models are relatively useless until very close in. There's no reason to really track them every run again until November.

Totally agree, and after May-Oct 2010, easily the most boring such period for me in the past 20 yr, I'm not all that enthused about the end of the snow-fun, even though I like my garden, grill, and canoe.

Last summer had more svr watches for MBY than any I can remember, but I had to drive 1,300 miles to find an interesting TS, in Decatur, Illinois. Actually two TS, one with 50-100 flashes/min and constant and steady rumbling 6-8 miles south, followed shortly by 3" in 2 hr from #2. At home, despite all those svr's, I never counted less than 10 sec between flash and thunder - only 8 TS all year, easily my lowest, and the only one that might have been moderate (based on nearby cocorahs obs) came during that IL trip. A nice carwash from Earl's remains, but a most UN-memorable May-Oct, after the worst winter in memory - for me, anyway. Glad this winter was at least average IMBY, and fun to read about the places that got whomped.

Folks always wondered about my emotional health, which is funny considering that I was met with resistance among the masses for complaining.....now that I am not, same deal. :lol:

Fooked if you do, fu**ed if you don't.

for the most part i'm just having some fun. but i guess i'd be lying if i said i wasn't a bit bummed out right now about how this has all played out.

i just like weather...so hopefully we get some.

Man. the world has been turned upside down.....I'm the only one NOT bitc***.

LOL, me either, it is what it is. SR had 6 plus today, got to head to the snow now, it's mountain time. Marches have really changed, oh well. I am confidant the mood swings next week, agree with all that weather geek wise, boring takes over. Reality sinking in, when I wake instead of checking model runs and threads I will spend my time online in sports mode. Having to read bull****e faux severe threads, torch talk and lawn threads is painful. Head north lads, enjoy the last vestiges of winter.

LOL, me either, it is what it is. SR had 6 plus today, got to head to the snow now, it's mountain time. Marches have really changed, oh well. I am confidant the mood swings next week, agree with all that weather geek wise, boring takes over. Reality sinking in, when I wake instead of checking model runs and threads I will spend my time online in sports mode. Having to read bull****e faux severe threads, torch talk and lawn threads is painful. Head north lads, enjoy the last vestiges of winter.

Temps giving the groomers some headaches...

What's your thought on SR the last weekend in March? Good spring skiing or too late?

I understand...just bustn' 'em.

I don't mind people complaining....I think it's funny.

i think gun to weenie, everyone would have said another decent event or two would get us sometime in march. of course, it's only march 10th and these can pop up out of nowhere this time of year, but its somewhat discouraging on that front right now.

I still think we'll steal in event or two.

I'm sure we'll see measurable snowfall again away from the immediate coast, but I'm starting to worry now that it will just be a garbage 2" of slop or something rather than a more robust event. We probably have about 4 weeks left to realistically expect a 6" snowfall...with odds decreasing steadily over that span....but they really drop off a cliff after the first week of April.

Archived