joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Threat Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z gfs is good for cold up to day 10, after that it's like trying to hit the lottery, expect rapid run to run shifts. The general idea is that it should be colder and more stormier than usual this December. I'm not thinking arctic cold but enough to get snow going (maybe) although I have a very negative outlook on that idea given how this season is projected to go. It doesn't matter how good the Atlantic is with the negative NAO, if the Pacific is horrible, than we won't get anything going. A good example of the NAO not meaning a thing is the midweek system. It's supposed to warm up to the upper 50s and 60 for Tuesday and Wednesday with rain while the NAO is near -3.

Unfortunately this La Nina is going to slaughter folks below 42-43N, and once the NAO flips positive in January, expect to see daily temperatures in the 50s, if not 60s.

Luckily I'm at 43.4N

This guy sounds like CT Torch did in August.

Last year those who subscribed to the ecmwf would give us a blow-by-blow description of the daily run at about 1pm. I don't see any of that this year. What happened , did ecmwf crack down...some sort of copyright violation?

There really is no need to dissect every single model run when looking at things 180+ hours down the road. When we start getting threats that are imminent than we'll start to see more detailed analysis of the euro.

Last year those who subscribed to the ecmwf would give us a blow-by-blow description of the daily run at about 1pm. I don't see any of that this year. What happened , did ecmwf crack down...some sort of copyright violation?

Here's the blow-by-blow of the 12z Euro

Sun

Rain

Sun

Disappointment

Archived