• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Threat Thread

ski MRG

12z GFS continues the odd-ball scenario of a retrograding low... starts southeast of St Johns in Canada and ends up backing through the Maritime provinces. This would still be a decent snow producer for the mountains; strong upslope signal.

gfs_pcp_174s.gif

Keeps backing in 30 hours later...

gfs_pcp_204s.gif

And still there another 24 hours later...

gfs_pcp_228s.gif

C'mon lucky GFS....

No real hint of any 12/3-4 threat but this retrograde storm lasts for a few days after that.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In simply amazing rapidity the AO has dropped precipitously to a near -4 level. The NAO has tanked along side it, not any surprise since the correlation is basically linear. The levels moderate as coastal development occurs nearby. I will agree with the the non suppressed out come if a SW develops in the time frame of teleconnection modality rise. What is very encouraging is the levels again fall then rise as the next , what appears to me to be a major moisture loaded system, develops. Should be a fun two weeks starting Thursday. Chuck um high chuck um wide chuck um far chuck a weenie in your eye. FIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I'm not going to jump off any cliffs nor will I be raising my arms in victory over any of the model depictions. I'm enjoying them struggle mightily with how things are going to play out. Their massive swings merely point to the fact that we shouldn't get our hopes up until things are within a reasonable window (5 days max is what I'm currently thinking). At least that's the way I'm seeing it right now.

35.8/25, virtually all the snow melted. :(

MPM i agree to a piont regarding models.....but i gotta tell you with the way the overall pattern appears to be shaping up with a little consistency building colder from thurs on.....and stormy periods to boot. I think you should have your arms half raised.....hell you may even see some snow late wednesday nite....but treat that as a rain storm anything else bonus. . The church bus of the rev is getting an oil change....pete is laying down in his lawn praying to the stars/snow gods.....and even ray is about to enter mid season form. SO long as the euro doesn't do anything silly mon or tuesday with long range props...lol.....the bus is leaving the station at 1 am thursday morn. EVERYONE get on or get the F out the way. can't stop in S+++++

it is gong from kev's to will's to your house down to pete's and around and around again...... were pickin up all weenies.....ginx sounds like he is pumped baby!

I am going to sit back and watch these model runs play out, We are outside of the useful range on some so i am not sweating them showing a surpressed scenario, They will come back NW over the next few days........... ;)

i think everyone and their mom should be relaxed right now

the overall pattern is looking better for cold......if you build it they will come.

i think everyone and their mom should be relaxed right now

the overall pattern is looking better for cold......if you build it they will come.

I love the fact that they continue hitting the cold coming into the NE, We will get our storms to come north with the cold air in here at some point in the next couple of weeks...

By looking at the Euro ensemble mean and pulling the concensus data from them

Do you have access to QPF or something? Or is this just from looking at the different 24 hour surface low pressure progs?

I'm not saying I don't agree... it just seems a little early to be talking amounts when the chance for snow is probably like 30% or less.

Well the euro ensembles were a little more promising, but verbatim squash the low. It does look like at the end of the run, the -nao goes bye bye. However, we still sort of have a -epo and I wonder if the cold will have an easier time coming east...especially with a ridge in the sw, preventing the se ridge from building. With the big nao block gone....so long as we don't have a huge se ridge...I think cross polar flow could be established further east, but probably will only get so far.

Well the euro ensembles were a little more promising, but verbatim squash the low. It does look like at the end of the run, the -nao goes bye bye. However, we still sort of have a -epo and I wonder if the cold will have an easier time coming east...especially with a ridge in the sw, preventing the se ridge from building. With the big nao block gone....so long as we don't have a huge se ridge...I think cross polar flow could be established further east, but probably will only get so far.

I wonder if we get a brief moderation after the 10th or so and then back into a colder pattern. Ensembles hinted at a brief moderation, but it was obviously quite smoothed on the ens mean.

I wonder if we get a brief moderation after the 10th or so and then back into a colder pattern. Ensembles hinted at a brief moderation, but it was obviously quite smoothed on the ens mean.

Yeah maybe. Even the Canadian ensembles tried to show another shot of colder air heading se from the Great Lakes at the end of the run. I don't think it's a bad thing to have the nao go neutral with the epo staying somewhat negative and ridging in the southwest. I think a pattern like that would allow all that cold to come a little further east, but the problem is that I'm not sure how stable that pattern could be.

Just picture us all starting out slow and then more heads bop as we get rolling and getting closer to the snow falling ..we go from a few head bobs..to Wiz and Ray up on the seats dancing, shaking ass, and the whole bus pumping fists

Jeez, What a nice picture in my head of that........... :lol:

Archived