joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Threat Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you seen past 168hrs? Looking at the map...where can that low off HAT go next? Not further east. and look at that energy in western Hudson's Bay, that should be diving south in a big way.

Here's 192 off Raleigh's site.....still plenty of time for favorable adjustments for storm #1.

I like where we stand right now...good vibes.

I'm seeing alot of posts from various people that the -NAO will serve to keep the Dec 5th event south and that confluence will not allow it to come north. If I had a dollar for every time I saw that..I'd have enough to buy you a lifetime of 40's. As we get closer the confluence will lessen and we'll see it come north and probably track off the jersey coast somewhere..just like always

I'm seeing alot of posts from various people that the -NAO will serve to keep the Dec 5th event south and that confluence will not allow it to come north. If I had a dollar for every time I saw that..I'd have enough to buy you a lifetime of 40's. As we get closer the confluence will lessen and we'll see it come north and probably track off the jersey coast somewhere..just like always

I totally agree with you here :thumbsup:

I was thinking that same exact thing regarding the track, I think it tracks closer to us, if not possibly over us.

I like the non-chair tipping CTBlizz.

I do agree that things this season will trend northward as we get closer to events, based on past La Nina experiences.

I totally agree with you here :thumbsup:

I was thinking that same exact thing regarding the track, I think it tracks closer to us, if not possibly over us.

If you think that it tracks closer to us than he does, then you aren't thinking the exact smae thing regarding the track. :lol:

You said maybe over sne, he said Jersey shore....same hting. lol

I like the non-chair tipping CTBlizz.

I do agree that things this season will trend northward as we get closer to events, based on past La Nina experiences.

Yeah it happens in almost every single event in a Nina..people in New England drown themselves in bathtubs..while the mid atlantic high five their laptops and then as we get closer to the event the inevitable north trend occurs and we find people took their lives and celebrated with their laptops way way too soon

If you think that it tracks closer to us than he does, then you aren't thinking the exact smae thing regarding the track. :lol:

You said maybe over sne, he said Jersey shore....same hting. lol

Well that was a little extra...just adding that I think it could even go a little further north...basically just stating I don't buy into the whole suppression thing.

I for one REALLY REALLY like the way the 12z euro looks

love the way this pattern is shaping up.

Didn't think the cold was coming.....looks (knock on wood) like it is and there will be storminess as well....not concerned about extreme suppression.....

eventually a storm will go south.....that's ok and normal.....it won't be 10 of them LOL.

Got my wa wa pass in hand ....3 trails open today and 2 lifts. dAve it wasn't that busy there at noon.

Was in princeton ma at 1050' (base) still ice covering the twigs along the wa wa brook .....cold out there with a decent wind blowin.....cold!

p.s further out euro shows MID winter cold with -15c 850's for D9 and D10 in wake of D8 coastal/ snow threat.

Yeah it happens in almost every single event every winter...people in New England drown themselves in bathtubs..while the mid atlantic high five their laptops and then as we get closer to the event the inevitable north trend occurs and we find people took their lives and celebrated with their laptops way way too soon

Pretty much

I wouldn't discredit a suppressed easterly solution though for the 12/4-5 storm.

I'm not going to jump off any cliffs nor will I be raising my arms in victory over any of the model depictions. I'm enjoying them struggle mightily with how things are going to play out. Their massive swings merely point to the fact that we shouldn't get our hopes up until things are within a reasonable window (5 days max is what I'm currently thinking). At least that's the way I'm seeing it right now.

35.8/25, virtually all the snow melted. :(

I was showing my 5-year old how much rain we were going to get in the 84z frame of the 12z gfs and she said "but then it will turn to snow and ice". Then I looked at 90z and had to scratch my head and wonder.......

From the mouths of babes....

MAZ002-290930-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

317 PM EST SUN NOV 28 2010

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...RAIN IN THE EVENING...THEN RAIN LIKELY WITH A

CHANCE OF SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION.

LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT

.THURSDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE MORNING

35.7/25

Archived