12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Next storm on the list, March 6-7

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares at this point...we aren't adding on and it's March....rip the band aid off.

Congrats to those who took my palace and remained a 32.0000000000000000000001* rain and get to watch the pack slowly bleed out.

Actually ... that degree of precision over-states the frustration, because at the 10 Quadrillionth decimal place that is already way smaller than quontom scale, and would thus be well within tolerance for distinguishing between solid and fluid mass states based on Newton's second law of thermodynamics.

:P

Actually ... that degree of precision over-states the frustration, because at the 10 Quadrillionth decimal place that is already way smaller than quontom scale, and would thus be well within tolerance for distinguishing between solid and fluid mass states based on Newton's second law of thermodynamics.

??? What did he have to do with it? (But I get your point)

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

how about this one? WOW!

KBTV 071654Z 34016G24KT 1/8SM R15/1600V2400FT +SN BLSN FZFG VV006 M08/M09 A2996 RMK AO2 PK WND 32027/1613 SLP153 SNINCR 1/27 T10781KBTV 071654Z 34016G24KT 1/8SM R15/1600V2400FT +SN BLSN FZFG VV006 M08/M09 A2996 RMK AO2 PK WND 32027/1613 SLP153 SNINCR 1/27 T10781089 089

The 27 is the snow depth...not the event snow total.

Extremely impressive event... and still snowing much harder than radar is showing. Snow depths are now at an all-time high

for myself personally (at a place I live). I'm measuring anywhere from 34-38" out back on the ground.

...LAMOILLE COUNTY...

1 ESE PLEASANT VALLE 30.0 400 PM 3/07 SPOTTER

STOWE 27.0 1245 PM 3/07 PUBLIC

MORRISVILLE 24.5 1220 PM 3/07 PUBLIC

2 S EDEN 22.0 100 PM 3/07 COOP OBSERVER

...CHITTENDEN COUNTY...

JERICHO 30.0 1136 AM 3/07 TOWN HIGHWAY

1 ENE NORTH UNDERHIL 26.9 400 PM 3/07 NWS EMPLOYEE

2 NW WESTFORD 26.0 330 PM 3/07 NWS EMPLOYEE

HINESBURG 24.5 400 PM 3/07 PUBLIC

1 NE SOUTH BURLINGTO 24.3 350 PM 3/07 NWS OFFICE

JERICHO CENTER 23.5 1019 AM 3/07 GENERAL PUBLIC

1 ESE NASHVILLE 21.6 110 PM 3/07 NWS EMPLOYEE

Extremely impressive event... and still snowing much harder than radar is showing. Snow depths are now at an all-time high

for myself personally (at a place I live). I'm measuring anywhere from 34-38" out back on the ground.

...LAMOILLE COUNTY...

1 ESE PLEASANT VALLE 30.0 400 PM 3/07 SPOTTER

STOWE 27.0 1245 PM 3/07 PUBLIC

MORRISVILLE 24.5 1220 PM 3/07 PUBLIC

2 S EDEN 22.0 100 PM 3/07 COOP OBSERVER

...CHITTENDEN COUNTY...

JERICHO 30.0 1136 AM 3/07 TOWN HIGHWAY

1 ENE NORTH UNDERHIL 26.9 400 PM 3/07 NWS EMPLOYEE

2 NW WESTFORD 26.0 330 PM 3/07 NWS EMPLOYEE

HINESBURG 24.5 400 PM 3/07 PUBLIC

1 NE SOUTH BURLINGTO 24.3 350 PM 3/07 NWS OFFICE

JERICHO CENTER 23.5 1019 AM 3/07 GENERAL PUBLIC

1 ESE NASHVILLE 21.6 110 PM 3/07 NWS EMPLOYEE

Are you serious....that is it.....all-time highs are higher in much of SNE... how long have you lived up there..

:weenie:

Are you serious....that is it.....all-time highs are higher in much of SNE... how long have you lived up there..

I honestly have not seen more than 36" on the ground at any location I've lived at. I'm not talking all-time snow depths (this is my first winter here, 7th in Vermont and BTV just does not see deep snowpack)... this is big but nothing near historic for this area. I'm only talking personally.

Here's a pic of drifts on the mountain... this trail was groomed around midnight last night, flat from side to side. At 9am one half of the trail was covered in 5-8 foot drifts, the other half of the trail was passable. I should've gotten a skier passing by for reference, but the drifts on the left dwarfed skiers/riders. The tallest one is easily 8 feet deep above the groomed surface below.

This is basically the story of today...big, big snow.

If only every rainstorm could end with a nice two-footer plus.

I honestly have not seen more than 36" on the ground at any location I've lived at. I'm not talking all-time snow depths (this is my first winter here, 7th in Vermont and BTV just does not see deep snowpack)... this is big but nothing near historic for this area. I'm only talking personally.

Kev, Will and Steve had over 3' depth in early Feb, but I peaked at about 33".

Cool. I didn't know they had over 36" depth. But I never was comparing or implying anything with regard to SNE... just stating what I have now, lol.

But I am glad they got to see this amount of snow on the ground; it truly is surreal when fences start completely disappearing. It is still snowing so hopefully we add to this... more snow coming later this week.

Cool. I didn't know they had over 36" depth. But I never was comparing or implying anything with regard to SNE... just stating what I have now, lol.

But I am glad they got to see this amount of snow on the ground; it truly is surreal when fences start completely disappearing. It is still snowing so hopefully we add to this... more snow coming later this week.

I know that, I only implicated sne as a point of reference because I thought that you would have witnessed a greater depth than that.

I know that, I only implicated sne as a point of reference because I thought that you would have witnessed a greater depth than that.

Yeah, I mean I've only been in VT for 7 years and before that grew up in the Hudson Valley near Albany where depths definitely do not reach that level.

I figured spots in SNE hit this depth after SNE's epic, epic stretch in January.. if it didn't hit this level of snow given the historical precedent at the time I would've been surprised.

Either way, 3 feet out there sure looks purty. Town is buried.

That was the 3rd time we managed over 36" OTG here since I've been living here. Peaked at 37-38"...the previous two times were higher. About 45" in January 1996 and just under 4 feet in March 2001.

'92-'93 got over 30" a couple times but never got to 3 feet.

That was the 3rd time we managed over 36" OTG here since I've been living here. Peaked at 37-38"...the previous two times were higher. About 45" in January 1996 and just under 4 feet in March 2001.

'92-'93 got over 30" a couple times but never got to 3 feet.

The next time that you peak that high, I'm driving out.....can't imagine snow up to my nips

Ot...but I was just reading about the Chinese 2008 Ice Storm in BAMS...really nuts. The ice lasted for 27 days and accumulated 160 mm in spots....with 100 mm on the road in spots. It was over a massive area. Seems to put even the january 1998 ice storm to shame.

wtf

i was told my ice storm was the greatest the planet had ever seen......now it turns out i was lied to???:angry:

The next time that you peak that high, I'm driving out.....can't imagine snow up to my nips

Its unlikely to happen again for a long time. The last time it happened before 1996 I believe was 1966 and then again 1961 before that. I'd have to double check though.

Its unlikely to happen again for a long time. The last time it happened before 1996 I believe was 1966 and then again 1961 before that. I'd have to double check though.

How about March 1967? How much did you have?

What was the peak depth in the Feb 61? We got up to 32" here downtown...there was probably near 40" in some of the higher protected areas after the 24" blizzard in 2/61.

Yeah, I mean I've only been in VT for 7 years and before that grew up in the Hudson Valley near Albany where depths definitely do not reach that level.

I figured spots in SNE hit this depth after SNE's epic, epic stretch in January.. if it didn't hit this level of snow given the historical precedent at the time I would've been surprised.

Either way, 3 feet out there sure looks purty. Town is buried.

i thought the ALB area was >36 inches after the Superstorm?

i remember because its also the date of my peak depth.

Archived