12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Next storm on the list, March 6-7

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about March 1967? How much did you have?

What was the peak depth in the Feb 61? We got up to 32" here downtown...there was probably near 40" in some of the higher protected areas after the 24" blizzard in 2/61.

1967 never got over 20" OTG. There was virtually no snow pack (maybe an inch or 2) coming out of January 1967...so it was tough to build up a base.

Feb '61 depth peaked around 43 or 44" IIRC.

1967 never got over 2t0" OTG. There was virtually no snow pack (maybe an inch or 2) coming out of January 1967...so it was tough to build up a base.

Feb '61 depth peaked around 43 or 44" IIRC.

60-61 was a ridiculous winter around here, downtown co-op measured 90" in far Southern Westchester so parts of the county probably saw 100"+...not easy to achieve down here. I know parts of NNJ at moderate elevation were over 100" in 60-61 and 66-67....

What did you get to in 57-58? The Poconos had a ridiculous run late that winter, figured you might have gotten some impressive depths in ORH too.

BTV per climo report got over 25 inches in this storm. 124+ for the season and unlike us.....probably plenty more in the bank. 150 is not out of the question....and one of the really nice areas to live in....

They might break the record of 145.4" in 70-71, another moderate/strong Niña...

BTV is such a cool area, great vive downtown with tons of great restaurants, beautiful scenery, and epic outdoors scene. One of the best "snowy" places to live.

60-61 was a ridiculous winter around here, downtown co-op measured 90" in far Southern Westchester so parts of the county probably saw 100"+...not easy to achieve down here. I know parts of NNJ at moderate elevation were over 100" in 60-61 and 66-67....

What did you get to in 57-58? The Poconos had a ridiculous run late that winter, figured you might have gotten some impressive depths in ORH too.

'57-'58 in ORH got to around a 24" depth I believe. It had a few thaws in there and also had a good chunk of snow in late March and early April...so its tough to build up snow pack in that time frame. 44.5" of snow fell after March 14th in 1958...one of the best late season runs.

'57-'58 in ORH got to around a 24" depth I believe. It had a few thaws in there and also had a good chunk of snow in late March and early April...so its tough to build up snow pack in that time frame. 44.5" of snow fell after March 14th in 1958...one of the best late season runs.

That March 18-21, 1958 storm was absurd; Morgantown, PA measured 50" of snow. Pennsylvania just got nailed that winter with the twin storms in March and the February 1958 blizzard.

Set-up looks pretty classic at H5 with a displaced block over Hudson Bay, 50/50 Low, and +PNA:

Southern Westchester had like 20" in the second half of March 1958 looking at the Dobbs Ferry/Ardsley co-op data..that was a great stretch after the epic Feb 1958...3rd snowiest winter here with 80" on the season, right behind 95-96 and 60-61. Looked like we might get there this season but not to be, IMO.

The NNE and S Canada ice storm of 1998 is what he was talking about.

i was just looking for info about the Chinese Ice storm and came across the Great New England ice storm of 1921.....3.9 inches of ice in Concord Mass and 3.1 in Lawrence :o

those are the kind of totals we saw up here in 98......didnt think places so close to boston could see that kind of ice....WOW!

That March 18-21, 1958 storm was absurd; Morgantown, PA measured 50" of snow. Pennsylvania just got nailed that winter with the twin storms in March and the February 1958 blizzard.

Set-up looks pretty classic at H5 with a displaced block over Hudson Bay, 50/50 Low, and +PNA:

Southern Westchester had like 20" in the second half of March 1958 looking at the Dobbs Ferry/Ardsley co-op data..that was a great stretch after the epic Feb 1958...3rd snowiest winter here with 80" on the season, right behind 95-96 and 60-61. Looked like we might get there this season but not to be, IMO.

I remember the 1958 event. It was a good snow but very wet. Now the 1956 event was a much better blizzard for the area (I was in Bergen Cty..Teaneck). This winter (2011-12) is finishing like 1960-61. Epic storm after storm and then the rubber band snapped and poof...winter ended right after the 2/3-4,61 event.

I remember the 1958 event. It was a good snow but very wet. Now the 1956 event was a much better blizzard for the area (I was in Bergen Cty..Teaneck). This winter (2011-12) is finishing like 1960-61. Epic storm after storm and then the rubber band snapped and poof...winter ended right after the 2/3-4,61 event.

Jerry

do you remember the 1921 New England Ice Storm?

Did we time warp ahead one year?

Archived