• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA...February ends, March begins...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting a bit scared for Harrisburg and its environs. Cameron @ Macklay is already closed apparently due to flooding and the Yellow Breaches and Swatara are a good bit over the banks already. Harrisburg is placing water barriers out along roads and they are close to evacuating areas in Shipoke and the 2nd @ Green St areas.

To get home I think I'm going to have to take 83 to Lemoyne to the Harvey Taylor to 3rd St. This is insane since I work at Lingle Road right by 283 (near the Target shopping complex). I won't be able to get home down Paxton and Cameron like usual, I'm guessing.

I had just turned 5. I remember being terrified because I heard on the news a guy in York died because he stepped in a manhole crossing a flooded street and was swept away.

Our house on the northern end of the city is on a little elevation on our two-house street. If you are familiar with York, Kiwanis Lake and Willis Run flooded but the water came to just a block away (I grew up two blocks from it next to the projects).

My aunt had to be evaced out in West York. Water was steadily rising in her basement and she had to get out in a boat. Her street was a river, and she remembered people's possessions floating away past the boat.

Interesting aside, rain changed to sleet at Philipsburg at the end of it.

I was almost five also, Hard to imagine the Codorus Creek could cause so much flooding in the city. I lived east of York (Hellam area) on high ground so I wasn't effected directly.

Rain has really picked up here in Lanco. Radar suggests we get a good bit more of it, too.

Yeah, lots of heavier stuff streaming in from MD and VA. That western batch of precip is supposed to merge with or take over for this one later this evening as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see an additional 2" in many places in the lower Susquehanna Valley. We're totally saturated here after about 1.60-1.70" of rain. The view out our front picture window: Sorry for the cloudy areas...the doves love to smash into this window all winter.

post-30-0-02405800-1299791037.jpg

Man if this was snow. Some people in Central Pa. wouldn't be happy.

http://www.wundergro...el=Williamsport Rgnl%2c

I see the Harrisburg area is getting some moderate rain!!

It's basically poured for hours now. Lighter at the moment though.

This area is going to be a war zone come Saturday with flooding, trees down, power lines down, etc.

Here in Carlisle just before 7:30pm...

Moderate rain about to pick up again. Since midnight I've recorded 1.64" of rainfall. Prior to midnight was 0.23" giving me a storm-total so far of 1.87".

Add that to the 1.96" of liquid from last weekend and that's 3.83" in the past four days. Temp holding at 54 degrees.

Thankfully I do not live near any rivers or streams. The Yellow Breeches runs through Mount Holly which is about 5 miles south of me.

---Stephen

Man is there some tremendous rainfall in the central counties attm, that highly enhanced tongue of moisture the canadian had been presenting the last couple days seems to have come to fruition.

post-1507-0-65862600-1299804884.gif

May well have to do some flood patrol in a lil while.. maybe my wheel won't fall off this time like it did during the last big flooding event back on dec 1.

Light-moderate rain here, 54.1°. Getting pretty frequent gusts over 25mph, whipping the rain against the house.

Have some water seeping up through cracks in the basement and garage floors and along the SE wall of the garage...haven't had that happen in years.

Any prospects of changing over yet Tony? I seen JST snuck down to 36/35 and Intellicast radar has most of Somerset in the blue.

It's started mixing with snow here around 8pm. Now, it's about 60% snow. How's the water over your way? Heard a lot of chatter on the scanner in the newsroom...

It's started mixing with snow here around 8pm. Now, it's about 60% snow. How's the water over your way? Heard a lot of chatter on the scanner in the newsroom...

Gettin ready to check that out shortly, i'm sure the local waterways are ragin. I'll probably check out the flood prone stuff around here and over in Sinking Valley.

Archived