• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA...February ends, March begins...

Plus with the elevation there, I would agree and give it a high possibility percentage. all the factors look to be coming together

Yep, looking better and better.

Well if it does snow it will be that paste and will make for some cool pictures.

Probably. Although several times now I have got fluffy snow in April up here since 2003, including 5 inches of fluff on the ground Easter morning 2007 :snowman:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it'll cool down, but a coat and long-sleeve undershirt will suffice. I'm wearing shorts today. :)

Baseball time!

Gotcha.

But I really doubt even you have seen your last snow. Long range ain't looking that warm.

Man, I used to hate playing baseball in stuff like what he have coming. Hands sting like hell if you didn't hit the ball solid.

Wore shorts for the first time this year, what a nice day out. Not looking forward for the reality of late season chill returning later next week. On a side note just happened to be reading this CNN article about the "Supermoon" and had to share this snippet.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/18/nasa.moon/index.html?iref=NS1

"The last full moon so big and close to Earth occurred in March of 1993," said Geoff Chester with the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington. "I'd say it's worth a look."

Wore shorts for the first time this year, what a nice day out. Not looking forward for the reality of late season chill returning later next week. On a side note just happened to be reading this CNN article about the "Supermoon" and had to share this snippet.

http://www.cnn.com/2...x.html?iref=NS1

There are approximately 4-6 supermoons annually.[3] The following is a list of past and predicted extreme supermoons.[13][14]

• November 10, 1954
  • November 20, 1972
  • January 8, 1974
  • February 26, 1975
  • December 2, 1990
  • January 19, 1992
  • March 8, 1993
  • January 10, 2005
  • December 12, 2008
  • January 30, 2010
  • March 19, 2011
  • November 14, 2016
  • January 2, 2018
  • January 21, 2023
  • November 25, 2034
  • January 13, 2036

Did any major storm happen close to any of these dates that the super moon might have caused, well off the bat looking at March 8, 1993 is very interesting, maybe responsible for the storm of the centry??? Anyone up for a little research on the other dates? I wouldn't be surprised to see 1-2 more good shots at decents snowfall accumulations, lets hope :snowman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermoon

http://www.cnn.com/2...x.html?iref=NS1

Hey look everyone - MAG's predicting another Superstorm!

Hey look everyone - MAG's predicting another Superstorm!

Haha NOT predicting another superstorm, just found it interesting. Looking at those dates, I highlighted ones that were fairly close to significant events. Nov 10, 1954 was 2-3 weeks after Hurricane Hazel rocketed up the eastern seaboard and is probably the only real example of an actual hurricane (cat 1) surviving thru central PA. March 93 is the obvious example, January 10 2005 was a couple of weeks before the 2005 New England blizzard, Jan 30, 2010 was right before we got blitzkrieged by Feb 5/6&10. It sounds good, but there's many other ridiculous events that happened without this. Plus when you involve the world weather as a whole, i'm sure you can fill in all those dates.

There are approximately 4-6 supermoons annually.[3] The following is a list of past and predicted extreme supermoons.[13][14]

• November 10, 1954
  • November 20, 1972
  • January 8, 1974
  • February 26, 1975
  • December 2, 1990
  • January 19, 1992
  • March 8, 1993
  • January 10, 2005
  • December 12, 2008
  • January 30, 2010
  • March 19, 2011
  • November 14, 2016
  • January 2, 2018
  • January 21, 2023
  • November 25, 2034
  • January 13, 2036

Did any major storm happen close to any of these dates that the super moon might have caused, well off the bat looking at March 8, 1993 is very interesting, maybe responsible for the storm of the centry??? Anyone up for a little research on the other dates? I wouldn't be surprised to see 1-2 more good shots at decents snowfall accumulations, lets hope :snowman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermoon

Great pic, MAG. Love it.

So, looks like at 12Z the NAM and the GFS have totally different ideas for true geographic Central PA for the midweek storm. GFS, cold rain, NAM, major snow/ice storm.

GFS looks like its somewhat further north than the NAM is, and a hair south of the 0z Euro, hence the rainier solution. The NAM p-types have pretty much the northeastern half of PA in potential snowfall, which is a unique alignment...where a place like Pittsburgh may be rain while Philly/Allentown might be seeing snow. Potential for meaningful frozen precip will likely be hinging on how much the -NAO is able to shove the low south. At any rate, gonna be a crappy first week of spring and the week after isn't looking to great either. There's def some chances for most folks to score late snowfalls in this coming pattern.

If the nam was only accurate at this time frame, Central PA would be slammed!

18znamsnow_NE084.gif

Lol, a 19 inch bullseye pretty much over Bellwood. I'm sure thats doable... :drunk: and thats not even done at that point as there's still good precip over most of PA at h84. The accupro accumulated snowmap had a slightly less ridiculous 8-10 inches max within the region encompassed by 11 or 12"+ in this clown map. 12z European keeps the snow threat pretty far in the north above I-80 until the majority of the precip is through.

Lol, a 19 inch bullseye pretty much over Bellwood. I'm sure thats doable... :drunk: and thats not even done at that point as there's still good precip over most of PA at h84. The accupro accumulated snowmap had a slightly less ridiculous 8-10 inches max within the region encompassed by 11 or 12"+ in this clown map. 12z European keeps the snow threat pretty far in the north above I-80 until the majority of the precip is through.

Mag

So this is the super storm you was predicting? :D

Archived