• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA...February ends, March begins...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha.. more headlines, this time flood advisories.

FLOOD ADVISORY

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA

631 PM EDT WED MAR 23 2011

PAC013-021-240130-

/O.NEW.KCTP.FA.Y.0011.110323T2231Z-110324T0130Z/

/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/

BLAIR PA-CAMBRIA PA-

631 PM EDT WED MAR 23 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE PA HAS ISSUED AN

* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR...

WESTERN BLAIR COUNTY...

CAMBRIA COUNTY...

* UNTIL 930 PM EDT...

* AT 623 PM EDT DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED HEAVY RAIN WAS FALLING DUE TO

SLOW MOVING THUNDERSTORMS. DOPPLER RADAR ESTIMATES THAT UP TO 2

INCHES OF RAIN HAS FALLEN IN THE LAST HOUR. EXPECT MINOR FOR THE

NEXT FEW HOURS.

* LOCATIONS THAT MAY EXPERIENCE MINOR FLOODING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT

LIMITED TO...JOHNSTOWN...EBENSBURG...GALITZIN AND BEAVERDALE.

* HEAVY RAINFAILL ALONG WITH LARGE HAIL FROM THUNDERSTORMS STREAMING

OVER THE AREA SHOULD ALLOW FOR POSSIBLE BASEMENT FLOODING AND

PONDING OF WATER OVER ROADWAYS...ALONG WITH POSSIBLE CLOGGING OF

STREET DRAINS

Sidenote, whenever stuff calms down later its a good time for a new thread since we're over 1000 on this one.

I grew up in Latrobe so here are a few pictures friends/family sent me from earlier... wish I was back home for it

Geez, it's rare enough to get hail that large in PA during the summertime much less in March. I bet lots of ppl have some nice dings in their cars from that stuff.

I just got back. Your weather sucks :)

I'm just thinking about if we would've had the thermal setup we had here Monday, with the 70 degree temps not stopping at the Laurels and cutting diagonally thru the central counties till about Harrisburg instead of today's more traditional CAD setup along/east of the mountains . That crazy severe weather would've been even more widespread than it was.

Great storm, wish I could of held onto the snow a little longer before the change over to sleet and some ZR. Had a total of 5.1" of snow. Total of .91" of liquid for the whole storm including the snow/sleet, and ZR. Places just to the east of me got slammed, and I'v heard some people reporting close to a foot near the wellsboro area. Congrats on the tornado reports, I'm so jealous :)

Oh my, I just came across this youtube over on WTAE's website. Bunch of high schoolers shot this from Hempfield HS.. which is I believe the school that ended up having its roof damaged. Also.. note that they see and pan over to the ACTUAL tornado/funnel at 0:31, and adjust your speakers accordingly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMtySuXxgM

Oh my, I just came across this youtube over on WTAE's website. Bunch of high schoolers shot this from Hempfield HS.. which is I believe the school that ended up having its roof damaged. Also.. note that they see and pan over to the ACTUAL tornado/funnel at 0:31, and adjust your speakers accordingly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMtySuXxgM

Wow.

Kind of a surreal day. Watching severe weather approach from my west and southwest all the while watching for more wintery reports from my north and east. And all of it within a 2 hour or so drive. Must be early spring!

Mag: what do you think happens next week...any chance of snow in these parts?

Wow.

Kind of a surreal day. Watching severe weather approach from my west and southwest all the while watching for more wintery reports from my north and east. And all of it within a 2 hour or so drive. Must be early spring!

Mag: what do you think happens next week...any chance of snow in these parts?

Well, runs of the euro and GFS have had storms and rumors of storms for next week, primarily rumors for now with some storms actually modelled to be suppressed south of the area via the -NAO/+PNA regime that has conveniently decided to show up at the end of March. Anyways right now it appears the best opportunity appears to be the possible weekend event for perhaps the southern half of PA, looking to center on Sunday.

21z SREF snow accum probs at 87hr:

post-1507-0-11619200-1300939998.gif

Archived