• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA...February ends, March begins...

Gettin ready to check that out shortly, i'm sure the local waterways are ragin. I'll probably check out the flood prone stuff around here and over in Sinking Valley.

when i lived bellwood i used to always check the river / creek on the back road from blands park to bellwood (little juniata river?)

i been out there when you couldnt even see the road (just looked like a big river)

that was in 1996 i believe.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when i lived bellwood i used to always check the river / creek on the back road from blands park to bellwood (little juniata river?)

i been out there when you couldnt even see the road (just looked like a big river)

that was in 1996 i believe.

Yup, thats the Little Juniata. Thats funny u used to be from Bellwood, talk about a small world.

Any rate just came back, things look to be going to crest at relatively minor levels. Seen very few flooded roads in the areas I was at (northern Blair-northern Huntingdon). The one underpass at Ironsville outside of Tyrone had at least a couple feet of water from the Little Juniata in it and PennDOT had Kettle Road in Sinking Valley closed off. Generally par for the course during a typical flooding event. Think that afternoon break in the action probably helped just enough to keep the local area mostly in check. Looks like there's more decent flooding down on the Frankstown Branch of the Juniata.

Report from Pittsburgh...

We have a wsw for 4-8. We are going to be lucky to see 2. Second huge bust for kpit in three weeks.

If weather was about how the NAM looks and how Intellicast looked an hour ago you would be correct.

Fortunately, there is a little more to it than that. Pretty dynamic system unfolding overhead. It may not be widespread warning verification, but we'll crack the 4".

Heavy snow at the moment, with about1" on the ground.

Yup, thats the Little Juniata. Thats funny u used to be from Bellwood, talk about a small world.

Any rate just came back, things look to be going to crest at relatively minor levels. Seen very few flooded roads in the areas I was at (northern Blair-northern Huntingdon). The one underpass at Ironsville outside of Tyrone had at least a couple feet of water from the Little Juniata in it and PennDOT had Kettle Road in Sinking Valley closed off. Generally par for the course during a typical flooding event. Think that afternoon break in the action probably helped just enough to keep the local area mostly in check. Looks like there's more decent flooding down on the Frankstown Branch of the Juniata.

we were in pinecroft by the intersection where the horses / goats used to be(dont know if they still have them?)

we lived at the top of the hill in the blue ranch house.

small world for sure....thats where i lived during the 93 superstorm....i saw alot of wrecks on that hill during that storm.

we were in pinecroft by the intersection where the horses / goats used to be(dont know if they still have them?)

we lived at the top of the hill in the blue ranch house.

small world for sure....thats where i lived during the 93 superstorm....i saw alot of wrecks on that hill during that storm.

Ahh ok, I know where your talkin. Haha that sharp corner going up towards the fire hall's always good for some wrecks even in good weather. I live closer to Bellwood, Up Becker Rd a mile from the grocery store and dollar general (the road with the underpass that was probably the only one ever that had a sign to use your horn before entering)

pocono mountians had 5.08 inches of rain.Some local schools are closing. and many of the small creeks are out of their banks in the wilkes-barre area.

one person dead due to driving into a flooded street.

I am trully frustrated-- since I broke my leg, I cannot drive. I would outside taking pictures and filming some of the flooding...

Just checked my rain gauge: 3.3" and raining moderately.

Confirmed as Camp Hill has 3.4".

Susquehanna now at 12.5' at thr Harrisburg gauge and they have just upped the crest to 23' which would be major flood stage here.

did you hear the rumbling and see the light show? It was about 8-830..lasted for like 30 seconds

Statement as of 01:25 am EST on March 11, 2011

... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Williamsport...

A record rainfall of 2.67 inches was set at Williamsport yesterday.

This breaks the old record of 2.38 set in 1964.

Some of the creeks have crested. River hasn't crested yet!

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/rt

My sump pump worked overtime last night. :raining:

Ahh ok, I know where your talkin. Haha that sharp corner going up towards the fire hall's always good for some wrecks even in good weather. I live closer to Bellwood, Up Becker Rd a mile from the grocery store and dollar general (the road with the underpass that was probably the only one ever that had a sign to use your horn before entering)

yeah i used to ride my dirtbike out your way and along the train tracks..

also had a few friends out that way.

they put a light at the bridge now...

Good evening all. I'm hanging in there. Still in a good bit of pain but, manageable for now. Worse thing is the headache. Probably from all te pain meds. I can't wait to go home in a few days.

Pain is a good thing, it lets you know you are still alive....:)

hang in there and watch the earthquake and Tsunami coverage.

QUESTION: for Tony / Brian.

did the news stations WTAJ / WJAC archive the 93 blizzard footage / broadcasts?

would be cool to watch the footage / broadcasts from that..

I'm sure we have reports and stories from the blizzard in the archives. Any broadcasts would be a long shot.

Archived