12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 25 Obs/disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it should look gorgeous up top Sat afternoon.

Did Chelmsford also have the ice? My wife was in Burlington and said she only saw rain.

Doesn't look like any ice here...but they got a flash freeze...the leftover snow from the this morning is frozen now and the snow from tonight it blowing around on top of it.

That's the bottom of the impressive 2006' massiff. People die there all the time (one this year :( )

Don't be a snob. (me is not "me")

LOL, jst poking fun. Glad people get out and have fun on the slopes. Did someone really die there this year? always amazes me that recreational skiers can find a way to die on an intermdiate hill. Speed Kills.

Yes...the layer of below freezing air underneath the inversion was very very narrow so the water droplets had a hard time super cooling themselves to freeze on contact. So we got marginal icing instead of a huge ice storm. We were pretty lucky actually because that was a lot of liquid equivalent....if the layer of cold air was maybe another 1000 feet deeper, it would have been a terrible ice storm for the 800+ foot crowd....though I guess after 2008 we can handle any ice storm now. :lol:

Your presentation on that storm that was on youtube seems to be gone...

LOL, jst poking fun. Glad people get out and have fun on the slopes. Did someone really die there this year? always amazes me that recreational skiers can find a way to die on an intermdiate hill. Speed Kills.

Some poor kid from Lowell was in the terrain park and hit his head... died a few days later.

I know you are a kidder :thumbsup:

Really wanted to be there today/tonight, but family duties

27/20 imby.

just walked the dog, everything frozen already. Noticeable net snow gain and now rock solid.

We'll certainly head into the early week cutter with a torch hardy snow pack here.

If you dig down through the layers there is still dry powder underneath the surface. We certainly have a perma-pack going here.

If you dig down through the layers there is still dry powder underneath the surface. We certainly have a perma-pack going here.

Yeah, it is very cool. When I take my OTG measurements with the trusty meter stick, I have to give it a few taps then whoosh, it breaks through...

Satisfying and ridiculous. I can't remember having a long lasting relatively snowpack like this before

We need to cherish this one for sure.

Yeah, it is very cool. When I take my OTG measurements with the trusty meter stick, I have to give it a few taps then whoosh, it breaks through...

Satisfying and ridiculous. I can't remember having a long lasting relatively snowpack like this before

We need to cherish this one for sure.

Why don't you just let the meter stick sit in the pack?

Archived