e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 25 Obs/disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gonna be there? It looks like three out of four of us in the family want to be there, the fourth is gonna lose because I do the driving :devilsmiley: Magic is so superior to everything south of MRG/Sugarbush when the snow is right, and right now it is. Some of the pictures from the hill today were spectacular!

Yeah, Magic is my default SVT mountain. Nice steep stuff, Magician,Goniff Glade and Redline. I'm doing backcountry tomorrow , Berkshire East Sunday with my 5 yo then MRG Tuesday or Wed. Pic of Goniff.

Can't imagine moving all that! By hand or machine.

Biggest cement snow azz whoop of our lives lives had to be the April Fools 97. I remember watching state plows breaking their shearing pins going up RT 2 in Arlington.

Nothing beats that. Mother of all wet snowbombs. Maybe Dec 92 at ORH, but for eastern mass..4/1/97 hands down.

Wrapping up with a few upslope snow showers right now. Had about 1 inch on the backside after 4.5 inches on the front end, yielding a storm total of 5.5 inches. Rain was a real killer and we lost about 2 inches of that 4.5 to compaction and melting. Topped out at 34 degrees. Net gain on the snow pack is probably 3 or 3.5 inches, which is now frozen solid. Could have been better, could have been worse...

Archived