e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 25 Obs/disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.32 rain in the bucket. lost about 2 inches snow amazing might make some of that up tonight, just bullet proof

Hi was 50.1 Baro hit 29.10, right up me fanny AIT, history shows 50.1 at 1230, 35 at 130, rain fall of 2.05 since I left at 6. High wind gust of 44.

Yeah the snow was so bulletproof that even 50F temps didn't have a huge effect. My folks still have their snow too.

Just about an inch here..Our hill is a sheet of ice. My neighbor just called me couldn't get up the hill Snow covered ice..His wife couldnt make it up our hill. He had to go and rescue her. Back the car down the hill and come home the back way which is a little less hilly LOL.. No salt trucks to be seen

Salters were out on 395, none on the back roads. Messy night for travel really really surprised no WWA.

You Eastern guys will love this squall. Just perfect dendrites right now, got about an inch so far. Everything looks new again. Looking forward to a winter weekend and hoping that somehow things get better for Monday. Not caring right now though. Marko love the video heavy heavy winter incoming for you guys.

Salters were out on 395, none on the back roads. Messy night for travel really really surprised no WWA.

You Eastern guys will love this squall. Just perfect dendrites right now, got about an inch so far. Everything looks new again. Looking forward to a winter weekend and hoping that somehow things get better for Monday. Not caring right now though. Marko love the video heavy heavy winter incoming for you guys.

I just ran out from work to pick up some food and it looks like mid winter again, as everything is covered. Still quite the pack here in Andover.

It's amazing how persistent a true snowpack is. I reference them a lot because they are in the burbs and have built up quite the pack..lol, despite being south of BOS. My dad guess maybe 10-12" still in the back.

That is pretty amazing really that they have retained it, With the higher sun angle, Even on days that don't make it above freezing, More so here then probably down there now, You still get some melting during the day..

Video just for you Steve.

Nice Mark, CoT FTW. Again.

I either caught up or pulled very close to Ray's snowfall total today. :devilsmiley: March will be the ultimate arbiter. :)

I have a feeling we're both going to have a big March. Ray should worry.

Just about an inch here..Our hill is a sheet of ice. My neighbor just called me couldn't get up the hill Snow covered ice..His wife couldnt make it up our hill. He had to go and rescue her. Back the car down the hill and come home the back way which is a little less hilly LOL.. No salt trucks to be seen

How have you CT. people made it this far? Geez.

It's amazing how persistent a true snowpack is. I reference them a lot because they are in the burbs and have built up quite the pack..lol, despite being south of BOS. My dad guess maybe 10-12" still in the back.

Absolutely, that's why I thought it was so funny a few weeks back when Kevin was crying about his snowpack vaporizing. Once it's laid down a real snowpack usually has some staying power.

That is pretty amazing really that they have retained it, With the higher sun angle, Even on days that don't make it above freezing, More so here then probably down there now, You still get some melting during the day..

It's protected with lots of woods. Also, some of their snow was water logged. It takes a lot of energy to melt water logged snow with more water equivalent, then fluff...even if there was less. A couple of storms also gave them 2" of snow that I never got because I was too far north. I know there are plenty of areas that probably have grass, but normal wooded areas north and west of pym still have snow in them. I know messenger likes to make it sound like he lives in Charleston SC, but he's in a particularly torch prone spot. Same deal in the city. It also helps that areas in the country side radiate like mad, so you get that icy film covering the snow. There were a few nights where I stayed above freezing and everyone around me went below. I'm not in a real urban area, but I'm on a small hill and enough houses and what not around me to keep temps up. I'm sure those areas that torches for a while today took a beating, however. Monday might will put a dagger through the snow again. Hopefully Sunday gives a few inches, but that will be snow prone to vaporize.

Nice burst coming through here now.

Nice Mark, CoT FTW. Again.

I have a feeling we're both going to have a big March. Ray should worry.

How have you CT. people made it this far? Geez.

Absolutely, that's why I thought it was so funny a few weeks back when Kevin was crying about his snowpack vaporizing. Once it's laid down a real snowpack usually has some staying power.

To be honest, I personally never scene this before locally. I still have shrubs buried behind my condo..lol.

looking at the hrrr from the 20z run, 1km AGL reflectivity nailed this last band...hrrr does well with this....of course the RUC would too since the HRRR is run with the help of the RUC, HRRR replaces the RUC fulltime eventually

It's good in the near term, but it's dropped the ball past 6 hrs, many times.

I actually try to use it for convection too, when I write TAFs

Got almost an inch with the last band. Trees are icy too.

This was a nice surprise for me, actually not a surprise but my faith was stretched after all the negative nellies slapped me down. I am not throwing in the towel on March, delayed not denied. I talked to a trucker who drove down from just north of Princeton said it was incredible the difference on his ride. SECT is pretty void of good depth other than in the neighborhoods in shaded areas. He said, man its mid winter up there. I told him about you and he knew where weenie ridge was LOL, called it something hill. forget what he called it.

I totally agree...I use it with a grain of salt. Also, I mentioned this on here last night but I went to a talk at the national AMS conference about the HRRR (actually the folks that run and maintain it) and they are trying to improve how it forecasts convection, in particular, the positioning of individual storm cells. They also said some general improvements are on the way this summer.

It's good in the near term, but it's dropped the ball past 6 hrs, many times.

I actually try to use it for convection too, when I write TAFs

It's protected with lots of woods. Also, some of their snow was water logged. It takes a lot of energy to melt water logged snow with more water equivalent, then fluff...even if there was less. A couple of storms also gave them 2" of snow that I never got because I was too far north. I know there are plenty of areas that probably have grass, but normal wooded areas north and west of pym still have snow in them. I know messenger likes to make it sound like he lives in Charleston SC, but he's in a particularly torch prone spot. Same deal in the city. It also helps that areas in the country side radiate like mad, so you get that icy film covering the snow. There were a few nights where I stayed above freezing and everyone around me went below. I'm not in a real urban area, but I'm on a small hill and enough houses and what not around me to keep temps up. I'm sure those areas that torches for a while today took a beating, however. Monday might will put a dagger through the snow again. Hopefully Sunday gives a few inches, but that will be snow prone to vaporize.

Nice burst coming through here now.

My snowpack has amazed me. It went from 32 on Feb 2 to about 18 a week ago...and then it just stayed at 18, not budging at all. Now it is up around 27 or 28. I might hit 32 again and then the rain will push it back to 18-20 and then it is going to be ice cement, as cold as it gets later next week.

To be honest, I personally never scene this before locally. I still have shrubs buried behind my condo..lol.

23/20 One of the reasons I like living here is having wall to wall snowcover all Winter is pretty much the norm. Looking forward to more snow tomorrow night/Sun. The wind is howling here now. Winter has a long way to go despite some bumps in the road. I'll be amused Monday when peopl once again call Winter dead, this Winter is going to be like Freddy Krueger, it just won't die.

Archived