Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 25 Obs/disco

CoastalWx

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for inviting me .. Good friends

You never want anything to do with coming out here.....you bi*ched when I had suggested a gtg in Lowell or Woburn to attract more of the ME crowd.

BTW......Scott, Will and I all came up with about the same number RE what I should expect moving foreward....before saying anything....I asked Will to drop a # and he said 21", Scooter and I had 20" in mind.

I prob make 100" and finish #3, falling shy of 2005 (107.5") and 1996 (127.5").

You never want anything to do with coming out here.....you bi*ched when I had suggested a gtg in Lowell or Woburn to attract more of the ME crowd.

BTW......Scott, Will and I all came up with about the same number RE what I should expect moving foreward....before saying anything....I asked Will to drop a # and he said 21", Scooter and I had 20" in mind.

We're going to need one of these storms to push se. Euro ensembles are enough to turn my hair grey, but at this point..we have nothing to lose.

I have never b itched about coming up there. We always end up caving and having it in MAss which is fine. I just think it's f'd up you guys didn't invite me is all

I have never b itched about coming up there. We always end up caving and having it in MAss which is fine. I just think it's f'd up you guys didn't invite me is all

Kevin, I had to work evening. I called Ray a few days ago to see if he wanted to grab a beer and talk snow. Will was in Chelmsford and Ray maybe said something to him, for him to come down if he had a sec. That's all it was..lol. It wasn't secretly planned in a back room.

Kevin, I had to work evening. I called Ray a few days ago to see if he wanted to grab a beer and talk snow. Will was in Chelmsford and Ray maybe said something to him, for him to come down if he had a sec. That's all it was..lol. It wasn't secretly planned in a back room.

It was all talk about how Will and Ray cam beat my snow total this year. i guarantee 25% of the talk centered around that..and that Will said he would catch me and Ray gave himself a 50% chance

Funny for all the early talk about torching that BOS and BDL were only 1F above normal for Fri. Even in the warm sector, BDR was only 6F above normal, PVD only 8F above normal, and NYC only 9F above normal.

Also in terms of snow cover, most of N CT, central and NE MA had about no net loss with this system. Staffordville still has 19" on the ground.

Funny for all the early talk about torching that BOS and BDL were only 1F above normal for Fri. Even in the warm sector, BDR was only 6F above normal, PVD only 8F above normal, and NYC only 9F above normal.

Also in terms of snow cover, most of N CT, central and NE MA had about no net loss with this system. Staffordville still has 19" on the ground.

True testament to the composition of the snowpack. Even my remaining snow did not take much of a hit at all. Probably broke even or close to it with the snow last night.

Yeah i didn't lose a thing..low mid 30's for the entire storm until the flip to snow at the end.

Still 18 OTG

Now let's just get this next one to do the same thing or colder

LOL..was I pretty close with my description?

Yeah we were discussing that..lol. Will has a pretty good chance I think, but maybe you get a freak April '06 event, where you beat him by 2" or whatever. We figured for Ray to beat you, he'll need to beat you by 2" or more tomorrow, and then a St. Patty's Day '07 type storm or two. Obviously it's much more difficult for Ray.

And it was a brief above normal for some.

Yeah we were discussing that..lol. Will has a pretty good chance I think, but maybe you get a freak April '06 event, where you beat him by 2" or whatever. We figured for Ray to beat you, he'll need to beat you by 2" or more tomorrow, and then a St. Patty's Day '07 type storm or two. Obviously it's much more difficult for Ray.

:weenie:

Ray is .5" ahead of me now. :) He may move slightly further ahead tomorrow because I think the clipper will be more robust over there. Then we'll have to see if interior is better for March events....

Hey the GFS has trended like 150 miles south now with Monday's low and has a trailing low. Never say die. ;) ...anyway so much for a devastating thaw and flooding.

I knew it. lol Every total I've posted has been corroborated by snow totals from adjacent towns. Jealousy will eat you alive. Just be happy for me and come for a visit to see snow in May.

Hey the GFS has trended like 150 miles south now with Monday's low and has a trailing low. Never say die. ;) ...anyway so much for a devastating thaw and flooding.

That's good news. Hoping it's a trend that continues. Right now I'm hoping for a track that at least gives MRG snow. The trailing low idea would be cool. Haven't had a trailing low slingshot through in a while but ....

Archived