• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Going forward into March

CoastalWx

I love Burke, I have had a season pass for 2 years. Very cheap if you go to Lyndon State college. here is the link to their prices: http://skiburke.com/main/?page_id=187

Heres the thing about burke. The prices aren't bad but you are getting your money's worth going there. The place is never busy, even on vacation weeks and weekends there is never more than a 2-3 minute lift line and most of the time you ski right up to the chair. The lift from mid to the summit is a bit slow but the views are incredible and with no lines you get a ton of runs in. The mountain has 2,000 ft of vertical and some really fun wide open steeper blues and some narrow, old New England style trails, that wind their way down. They always have a good amount of snow and trails are kept up nice. Some great natural bump runs and legendary glade runs (too advanced for me). People are skeptical that go there but when they do they realize what a secret it is.

Burke is a great, old school mountain... super chili-mac there, too at the mid mountain place

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14/3, calm. Looks like Box's forecast for here isn't that bad. Hoping for a little SE trend the next 24 hrs Won't take much.

Thursday Night: A chance of rain and snow before 9pm, then snow. Patchy fog between 11pm and 2am. Low around 30. South wind around 6 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday: Rain and snow. High near 36. Calm wind becoming northwest between 11 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Friday Night: A chance of snow, mainly before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Blustery, with a northwest wind between 11 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 29.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 12. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Net gain here by Friday midnight. I'll be in the snow all day regardless.lol

Do you measure the snowpack? I would think you will wind up on the short end at your house Friday, but hopefully I am wrong. The 2 or 3" you get will be washed away and then some.. although the changeover later Friday might put you on the plus side.

Where ya headed? My place will probably be shut down :(

My biggest complaint about that map is i'm not sure we're going to have the moisture to support a foot here. I'd have said 10 inch maxes...

It does seem robust, though this storm has been modeled increasingly stronger. When I saw it I had to think of yesterday when Matt Lacroix mentioned 6-14" and I questioned the high-end. Time will tell.

Archived