12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Going forward into March

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see. I'm not overly concerned about mixing (at least here). Models have, if anything, trended slightly cooler.

I did notice improvement overnight after I chugged a bottle of sleeping pills upon seeing the SREFs last night. I am totally toeing the line ... just like 10 miles to the good on that graphic. Could be one of those deals where PWM is getting poured on, 15 miles inland is ice and my house is ripping heavy snow. Happened just like that about five years ago.

Details? I know nothing of it.

1"+ QPF everywhere south of MPV-BML-MLT...possibly mostly snow here although I can't see more than every 6 hours. The 850 0C looks similar to the 6z NAM. I still worry about a warm layer above 850 though, but hopefully any changeover is after most of the heavy precip falls...then we just get snow grains or ZL. That 10" from GYX may actually end up verifying.

Reading the AFD they mention the possibility of a band of 0.25" thick ice.

What makes a band of .25" ice thick versus .25" of ice that's not thick?? lol

I find the amount of rain on the models in the next week--with a couple inches of snow thrown in-- a wretched disaster. Maybe I should say it will make my snowpack an impenetrable glacier.

EDIT: Just saw that BOX has me forcasted for 3-5" tonight/tomorrow. Better than hoped.

1"+ QPF everywhere south of MPV-BML-MLT...possibly mostly snow here although I can't see more than every 6 hours. The 850 0C looks similar to the 6z NAM. I still worry about a warm layer above 850 though, but hopefully any changeover is after most of the heavy precip falls...then we just get snow grains or ZL. That 10" from GYX may actually end up verifying.

Thanks.

I had been wondering when I'd be able to start burning again (since all the branches/trees are covered in snow). I'm wondering if next weekend could be the winner. Could we possible elminate the bulk of the pack between now and then? Seems temps tomorrow will retard some of the disaster, but Monday............:(

Meanwhile, guess I'm the warmest spot around. 15.9/-5

Going forward...as discussed ad nauseum, the next 10 days blow but there is the opportunity to pick up a few inches Sunday. However, there appears a glimmer of hope in the far long range for a flip back to some fun for the finale..

D10 is mild......

D15 the cold is pressing if you will...and it is apparent (to me) that the shorter wavelengths are what is keeping a significant cold dump. Keep that in mind as I believe we have a shot at a well below normal period 3/10-20.

Incidentally....the Euro shows the potential changes on D10 and I'd like to hear from those with access what the longer range shows...below is ensemble mean next to op.

Well both the euro and GFS have a nice overrunning event Sunday, So far, week 2 in March looks ok. I still think something near ern mass for the low track, so maybe not a 55 rain event for Kevin, but it's close.

Yeah I think maybe 43-45 here for max temps..it looks like it wants to track south of me but not my much...warm enough to do some decent snowpack damage though. I'll come out with maybe 8-10 left.

Sunday looks like a nice 3-5 inch event as we gear up for the next cutter. That'll put me up over 90.

Also another clipper looks like it's coming next Wed with another couple inches. Nickel and dimers are great

I think the real time :frostymelt: will actually look like this on Friday and Monday across SNE. This next couple of days will be h*ll if one were a :snowman: . Below 42 North looks like the "frosty erradicator".

Maybe around the Ides of March we'll get a "kitchen sink" storm with snow/sleet mixed with turd balls as the Canada geese make their return north. After that warm and :raining:

Yeah I think maybe 43-45 here for max temps..it looks like it wants to track south of me bu not my much...warm enough to do some decent snowpack damamge though. I'll come out with maybe 8-10 left.

Sunday looks like a nice 3-5 inch event as we gear up for the next cutter. That'll put me up over 90.

Also another clipper looks like it's coming next Wed with another couple inches. Nickel and dimers are great

That's how we get to historic totals...let's hope it happens. I'm flying to PIT on Wed...early flight in and dinner time flight back...same day. If I'm delayed the whole trip can get kibosched...

We could have two more cutters to deal with before the second week in March imo. At that point, the cold slowly seeps eastward. Unlike the signs that were pointing to a sh*tty first week of March, there are some signs that point to a more wintry second week. However, I have to caution that because not everything is lined up by any means, and the se ridge is there. It still could go into the crapper so don't lock that week up, but at least it looks like it could be something.

Models also try to build a transient east based -NAO thanks to next week's cutter. Maybe that allows the second potential cutter to be a colder solution, but that's a stretch right now.

Incidentally Matt in the Back Bay has mentioned there's not much snow left. Just a few miles away I still have a pretty good snowpack...and in shady neighborhoods it is amazingly robust and durable. Even on Beacon St between Coolidge Corner and Washington Square which was on my walking rout last night, we have a pretty deep hard azz glacier. The good news is the sun and last week's torch have cleared the sidewalks for the most part.

Archived