• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Going forward into March

CoastalWx

Upwelling shmupwelling....a week of 80 would bring the sub surface temps as well as ssts up substantially. I know about upwelling...been stung by it many a hot summer day with suddenly frigid water.

I was born near the beach, strong westerly winds as you stated and 95 temps still bring cold subsurface temps to the top, now no wind from the west and the SSTs warm nicely. At any rate , spring is a dead ratter lock it up for you NE mass coastal guys. March will rock, just wait.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was waiting for someone to put the dagger in a nice spring - lol.

Keeping positive - I do stonework part time in the spring & summer and the cool weather is the best for working.

Your inland location usually means nice springs, even I avoid the CF for most of the time . Coastal areas have god awful springs in wicked winters.

North facing slopes.........ftw,

I have seen patches of snow on June 1st there, The golf course up there does not open until June 15th

Those north facing slopes are the same reason I don't ski there until Feb onward.

I've hiked the Bigelow range up there in June and have definitely seen patches of snow.

Must be stunning riding the snowmobile up through the Flagstaff Lake area.

Well it sure is a nice signal for building snowpack in the north country. Mid March up in central ME may have quite the pack. I was there 2 years ago...near Gardner. Bare ground to MHT, light snowpack by PWM, epic by AUG.

Been pumping the March 01 type up there for them, they really could get dumped on in CME. Ecks bday today, kinda of think he will be calling for his Momma come April 1

Those north facing slopes are the same reason I don't ski there until Feb onward.

I've hiked the Bigelow range up there in June and have definitely seen patches of snow.

Must be stunning riding the snowmobile up through the Flagstaff Lake area.

Its stunning that whole area, Flagstaff can get treacherous on a sled, They drain the lake down, It used to be a town that flooded, Still a lot of chimneys and such in there, There is also some huge pressure ridges, And i am talking 8' tall, So i stay off the lake as much as possible, Kennebago divide is a great area to ride and out to Bosebuck, Grand Falls and over to Jackman

Must be a weed joke but , I am not getting it.

I have been. Guess I'm just a dumb blonde. :axe:

I think they're just making fun of how Pete has really long hair, is a ski bum (well, it actually sounds like he works REALLY hard, but just loves to ski) and all that. A lot of common traits of potheads? I don't know, im talking out my ass. Complete speculation, Pete's a good guy.

I think they're just making fun of how Pete has really long hair, is a ski bum (well, it actually sounds like he works REALLY hard, but just loves to ski) and all that. A lot of common traits of potheads? I don't know, im talking out my ass. Complete speculation, Pete's a good guy.

Got it just hit me Method Mans 4/20 pot song.

great to see some of these names floating around here for once. I am an avid skier at Burke mountain in vermont but my true winter sport is snowmobiling in the Rangeley area. My uncle gets a house for the whole winter near Dodge Pond, elevation over 1400 ft! too expensive for me to do any riding this winter because of gas costs but I miss it so much. The ride to bosebuck is one of my favorite, one time the snow was so deep out there my uncle went off the trail, got stuck and was buried up to his chin in powder and he is over 6' tall! the northwest mountains of maine are in snow heaven, always have the deepest depths around New England. The ride to the top of East Kennebago Mtn and the ride to Eustis and grand falls is also a favorite.

Its stunning that whole area, Flagstaff can get treacherous on a sled, They drain the lake down, It used to be a town that flooded, Still a lot of chimneys and such in there, There is also some huge pressure ridges, And i am talking 8' tall, So i stay off the lake as much as possible, Kennebago divide is a great area to ride and out to Bosebuck, Grand Falls and over to Jackman

great to see some of these names floating around here for once. I am an avid skier at Burke mountain in vermont but my true winter sport is snowmobiling in the Rangeley area. My uncle gets a house for the whole winter near Dodge Pond, elevation over 1400 ft! too expensive for me to do any riding this winter because of gas costs but I miss it so much. The ride to bosebuck is one of my favorite, one time the snow was so deep out there my uncle went off the trail, got stuck and was buried up to his chin in powder and he is over 6' tall! the northwest mountains of maine are in snow heaven, always have the deepest depths around New England. The ride to the top of East Kennebago Mtn and the ride to Eustis and grand falls is also a favorite.

Sweet, never been to Burke, how is it price wise.

I love Burke, I have had a season pass for 2 years. Very cheap if you go to Lyndon State college. here is the link to their prices: http://skiburke.com/main/?page_id=187

Heres the thing about burke. The prices aren't bad but you are getting your money's worth going there. The place is never busy, even on vacation weeks and weekends there is never more than a 2-3 minute lift line and most of the time you ski right up to the chair. The lift from mid to the summit is a bit slow but the views are incredible and with no lines you get a ton of runs in. The mountain has 2,000 ft of vertical and some really fun wide open steeper blues and some narrow, old New England style trails, that wind their way down. They always have a good amount of snow and trails are kept up nice. Some great natural bump runs and legendary glade runs (too advanced for me). People are skeptical that go there but when they do they realize what a secret it is.

Sweet, never been to Burke, how is it price wise.

Archived