• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Going forward into March

CoastalWx

Nah, ski areas will be fine. Already cancelled work Friday for skiing.

I know, unbearable really. Meanwhile another beautiful Winter day slips by for the computer jockeys that insist Winter is over. Glad I'll be skiing for another couple months.

What's pretty funny is after two days of full sun my snow at home and piles still has the silky covering of Mondays small 1.75 fall yet all I read about is vaporized snow. I mean it's just a different world here in the country with deep snow everywhere and I am way south of some of the guys who say their snow looks like crap. My paths which were grass are still covered too. IDK what to say.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jack and 'Zac (prozac) combo will also wash the no snow blues away. :lol: j/k

I really do hope NNE gets their due. I've got a trip to Sugarloaf planned in 2 weeks and I'd love enough snow to ski the new glade terrain.

The back country touring around here is getting somewhat brutal and could use either a refresher or some days in the 40's to soften it up.

Me thinks Sugarloaf will be buried, good timing.

Nah, ski areas will be fine. Already cancelled work Friday for skiing.

I know, unbearable really. Meanwhile another beautiful Winter day slips by for the computer jockeys that insist Winter is over. Glad I'll be skiing for another couple months.

where ya headed friday pete? My friend and I are looking to get some nice powder turns in somewhere.

What's pretty funny is after two days of full sun my snow at home and piles still has the silky covering of Mondays small 1.75 fall yet all I read about is vaporized snow. I mean it's just a different world here in the country with deep snow everywhere and I am way south of some of the guys who say their snow looks like crap. My paths which were grass are still covered too. IDK what to say.

winter isn't over just yet / might be on the downside but not over.

Yeah, Monday's snow is still here. This afternoon while riding into the area we do a lot of skiing after work I was amazed at how much destruction the wind over the weekend caused. Peru had some 60+mph gusts and it shows. Seems like the Pines got it the worst although I saw some hardwood snappage as well. Skiiing Friday, either Magic/Killington or MRG, not sure, watching the weather. Hoping for Snow/mix/Snow here seems possible based on the ALB/BOX forecast for this area. We shall see. Either way more snow sports fun dead ahead. One of the most enjoyable Winters of the past few years that's for sure.

The Jack and 'Zac (prozac) combo will also wash the no snow blues away. :lol: j/k

I really do hope NNE gets their due. I've got a trip to Sugarloaf planned in 2 weeks and I'd love enough snow to ski the new glade terrain.

The back country touring around here is getting somewhat brutal and could use either a refresher or some days in the 40's to soften it up.

You should be all set at the loaf, There is tons of snow up that way, I ride that area frequently, Get off the trail to take a leak and you dissapper....lol

Thanks. Gives me something to get my head around trying to learn some of this stuff.

When I say mild spring I am certainly not looking for a torch rather those pleasant days in the 60's.

Forget about a mild spring, backdoor city and SSTs are frigid near shore, any fart of a NE E SE wind and you and Tips frisbee game in shorts will result in ur turtle head going in it's shell.

I was on the trails this afternoon to get in some skiing. The snowmobile is just such a great way to access hidden steeps. Great winter continues.

If you want to chase the snow, I can ride well into april, But by then, I am itching for the golf course, Can't do it all like when i was single and younger

Forget about a mild spring, backdoor city and SSTs are frigid near shore, any fart of a NE E SE wind and you and Tips frisbee game in shorts will result in ur turtle head going in it's shell.

A week of 80s in April on strong W winds will warm the ocean plenty. SSTs are cold right in shore and always climo lowest this time of year. Spring generally blows near the coast with last year being a notable exception thanks to no cold anywhere. I fear spring's suckiness this year.

where ya headed friday pete? My friend and I are looking to get some nice powder turns in somewhere.

Well, I have voucher for Magic for the time we were roped of the lift a few weeks ago. If the snow is falling there that maybe where we go. I'm lobbying for MRG of course but not sure friends can do that one. (Tme constraints of parenthood, you'll find out about that one day) Killington may end up being the compromise though. We'll make the call based on the forecast Thursday night. I'll probably end up driving to MRG by myself around midnight, sleep for a few hours in the truck and then catch first chair. actually, that sounds like the best plan.lol

A week of 80s in April on strong W winds will warm the ocean plenty. SSTs are cold right in shore and always climo lowest this time of year. Spring generally blows near the coast with last year being a notable exception thanks to no cold anywhere. I fear spring's suckiness this year.

Actually west winds cause upwelling, you want SE SW winds blowing in Warm Gulf stream eddies.

Yeah, Monday's snow is still here. This afternoon while riding into the area we do a lot of skiing after work I was amazed at how much destruction the wind over the weekend caused. Peru had some 60+mph gusts and it shows. Seems like the Pines got it the worst although I saw some hardwood snappage as well. Skiiing Friday, either Magic/Killington or MRG, not sure, watching the weather. Hoping for Snow/mix/Snow here seems possible based on the ALB/BOX forecast for this area. We shall see. Either way more snow sports fun dead ahead. One of the most enjoyable Winters of the past few years that's for sure.

Speaking of work, Did you drop the hammer on the texting and smoke breaks.....lol

Actually west winds cause upwelling, you want SE SW winds blowing in Warm Gulf stream eddies.

Upwelling shmupwelling....a week of 80 would bring the sub surface temps as well as ssts up substantially. I know about upwelling...been stung by it many a hot summer day with suddenly frigid water.

Well, I have voucher for Magic for the time we were roped of the lift a few weeks ago. If the snow is falling there that maybe where we go. I'm lobbying for MRG of course but not sure friends can do that one. (Tme constraints of parenthood, you'll find out about that one day) Killington may end up being the compromise though. We'll make the call based on the forecast Thursday night. I'll probably end up driving to MRG by myself around midnight, sleep for a few hours in the truck and then catch first chair. actually, that sounds like the best plan.lol

I think I love you, are you old enough to be my dad and adopt me? haha. My friend and I are thinking Magic, I've heard parts are pretty gnarly and I just got some new skis which need to be test driven. MRG could be good too, but that's pretty far from me at that point

Upwelling shmupwelling....a week of 80 would bring the sub surface temps as well as ssts up substantially. I know about upwelling...been stung by it many a hot summer day with suddenly frigid water.

No warm gulfstream eddies up here, Other then last year, Sea water temps get to 62 in most spots at best and thats in Aug along the coast other then maybe the extreme SE coast

I'm a benevolent dictator. I told them to chill out or I'll have to take some Draconian measures. (they had know idea what Draconian meant but figured it was something bad.lol)

lol........Tell them you will use there droid or blackberry as traction for the truck, They will understand

Anyway...I called for 73 inches and I'm within an inch of that in Boston. I also called for an end to winter by mid March. But truthfully I thought Feb and early March would perform way better and Jan would suck. Obviously it didn't happen that way.

KBOS will get it. I'm around 75 here, although I gotta do the math.

Keep the faith for the second week, and hopefully something this coming Sunday.

If you want to chase the snow, I can ride well into april, But by then, I am itching for the golf course, Can't do it all like when i was single and younger

My birthday is 4/20, I've had 2' of snow OTG and I've had 80 degrees. You never know. I have a close friend that is a total golf fanatic, he's got a place in Fla that he's been to several times this winter and it just makes him miserable when he returns. I'll play the first round of the season with him at a course just south of Albany as soon a they lose most of their snow. Yesterday he left a message on my phone... he just mimiced the spring call of the Chickadee. That was it.

Anyway...I called for 73 inches and I'm within an inch of that in Boston. I also called for an end to winter by mid March. But truthfully I thought Feb and early March would perform way better and Jan would suck. Obviously it didn't happen that way.

Don't worry Jer' ...there'll be a 30"er in late March for the sole purpose of skewing everyone into wrongness - bank it.

My birthday is 4/20, I've had 2' of snow OTG and I've had 80 degrees. You never know. I have a close friend that is a total golf fanatic, he's got a place in Fla that he's been to several times this winter and it just makes him miserable when he returns. I'll play the first round of the season with him at a course just south of Albany as soon a they lose most of their snow. Yesterday he left a message on my phone... he just mimiced the spring call of the Chickadee. That was it.

Prick, Not yet......lol

I think I love you, are you old enough to be my dad and adopt me? haha. My friend and I are thinking Magic, I've heard parts are pretty gnarly and I just got some new skis which need to be test driven. MRG could be good too, but that's pretty far from me at that point

??????????

What a great day to be born!!

I was waiting for someone to put the dagger in a nice spring - lol.

Keeping positive - I do stonework part time in the spring & summer and the cool weather is the best for working.

Archived