• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Going forward into March

CoastalWx

Not sure but think Jerry thought I was exaggerating what my snow looked like, why would I do that? Crappy Pictures told the story. He said tall tales being told. Amazing differences even down the highway from me and it's even better looking up the hill from me, lots of deep snow in the rural areas. Flooding is going to be an issue when the hills release.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Burke, I have had a season pass for 2 years. Very cheap if you go to Lyndon State college. here is the link to their prices: http://skiburke.com/main/?page_id=187

Heres the thing about burke. The prices aren't bad but you are getting your money's worth going there. The place is never busy, even on vacation weeks and weekends there is never more than a 2-3 minute lift line and most of the time you ski right up to the chair. The lift from mid to the summit is a bit slow but the views are incredible and with no lines you get a ton of runs in. The mountain has 2,000 ft of vertical and some really fun wide open steeper blues and some narrow, old New England style trails, that wind their way down. They always have a good amount of snow and trails are kept up nice. Some great natural bump runs and legendary glade runs (too advanced for me). People are skeptical that go there but when they do they realize what a secret it is.

Ohh that has me written all over it, thanks man.

Berks have snow then heavy heavy ice to drizzle then dry slot with winds. They better hope that is a bad run.SVT elevations too.

Looks too warm for ice verbatim on NAM except for a few hours. It does have a CAD signal, but not a great one. The primary low tracking up into NY before trying to redevelop isn't the greatest for dangerous icing events...even in the Berkshires. You normally want CAD to be evident up to 925mb or so, but here its just barely hanging on at the sfc such that the water droplets aren't really super cooled when they hit. You end up with just very marginal ice at 31-32F in those conditions transitioning to 34F rain. We'd need to see primary try to redevelop more in the neighborhood of E PA or NJ rather than when its near BGM or Catskills.

I'm pretty sure this nam run is further south and east. central surface low indicates it, and the temperatures here indicate it as well... perhaps i'm misreading?

Maybe i am, It may have came further north before it redevelops and moves NE, It pushes the the 546 line north of me here which it stayed south at 18z, At any rate, Its the Nam and i will wait out the rest of 0z

Looks too warm for ice verbatim on NAM except for a few hours. It does have a CAD signal, but not a great one. The primary low tracking up into NY before trying to redevelop isn't the greatest for dangerous icing events...even in the Berkshires. You normally want CAD to be evident up to 925mb or so, but here its just barely hanging on at the sfc such that the water droplets aren't really super cooled when they hit. You end up with just very marginal ice at 31-32F in those conditions transitioning to 34F rain. We'd need to see primary try to redevelop more in the neighborhood of E PA or NJ rather than when its near BGM or Catskills.

Thanks, their soundings look cold. Holy inversion for us, winds are like 75 over our heads while gentle 15 knot breezes waft the surface, low level cold hangs pretty tough.

Archived