• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 22 Snow Threat

WxUSAF

I'd love to get excited about this, but with temperatures perhaps approaching 60 around this area tomorrow, I'm still quite skeptical. It's pretty clear snow will fall, and I'll probably need to dust off my Chevy.... but am having trouble believing roads will get snow to stick unless we see some heavy stuff...

new models do not have us getting that warm any more

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to get excited about this, but with temperatures perhaps approaching 60 around this area tomorrow, I'm still quite skeptical. It's pretty clear snow will fall, and I'll probably need to dust off my Chevy.... but am having trouble believing roads will get snow to stick unless we see some heavy stuff...

When it gets below 30, with a decent snow rate, it hardly matters anymore.

im sticking with the euro lol. It was the first model to say that we werent getting close to 60-65 tomorrow and it seems like the models are trending towards it

euro has led the pack all along on this one it seems but it probably has too much qpf (or did last run). it did show 65+ a few runs back for tomorrow too.

And besides, once temperatures get into the upper 20's, snow sticks. Especially at night.

I've observed that There's more factors that go into snow sticking to the ground, especially asphalt/concrete, than just temp. 2 weeks ago we got 3-5" of snow in about a 6-8 hour window overnight/early morning, temp was 28-29 for most of the event (high the day before event was 40)...we only had wet streets. On the other hand, I've seen it stick to roads during the day with a temp of 33.

Good luck though! Turning out to be interesting!

If models are correct, you'll do fine. I should've said OKV, but I've been weenieing out over the maps for my back yard.:hug:

Thanks. I hope everybody cashes. I really like the trends. Hopefully the Euro stays the course. I'm hoping to wake up to warnings, but almost afraid of what I'll see in the morning.

Thanks. I hope everybody cashes. I really like the trends. Hopefully the Euro stays the course. I'm hoping to wake up to warnings, but almost afraid of what I'll see in the morning.

Same here, hope we're all pretty happy in the end! I wouldn't expect there'd be warnings issued in the morning yet, probably watches I'd think at that point...that is, assuming the situation would warrant such a thing (a big assumption right now, but just going with it)!

Archived