joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 22 Snow Threat

WxUSAF

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not that he called it another PDII, but JB did mention that next week was similar in that it had a 2-part system, with the 1st one bringing in the cold

can't that guy discuss any storm w/o superlatives and name dropping (so to speak)?

Funny thing there, is that last week (last time I looked), the analogs used by CPC for the 8-14 day outlook, had, at that time, the number two analog to the pattern as early Feb. 2003.

:lol: Wait till they change the clocks in a couple weeks

And...think of the cows! Now they'll wake up an hour early because of that! If they extend daylight savings time to year-round, think of the sun angle by early January!

Seriously though, "sun angle" didn't seem to matter on March 1-2, 2009, and I doubt it mattered in March 1993!

And...think of the cows! Now they'll wake up an hour early because of that! If they extend daylight savings time to year-round, think of the sun angle by early January!

Seriously though, "sun angle" didn't seem to matter on March 1-2, 2009, and I doubt it mattered in March 1993!

April 1982, 2003 for the win.

with the past 3 runs of the GFS has kept the idea of a quick (6 -10 hrs) but hard hitting. 4.5" from 2 to 5 AM at BWI. Taken verbatim the 6z GFS, 8AM on the 22nd could be 1.5"/hr, winds 20kts gusting to 30kts. Temperatures 15-20 degrees and the snow growth zone between 1200 and 2200 feet AGL.

12z looks like they get maybe 1" based on the maps

Archived