amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Early spring...or poorly timed thaw...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I texted to Kevin that spots may be near 60F next week if the euro was right. He probably flipped his car somewhere in God's country, and now is reliving the movie "Misery" with a crazy, obese, woman breaking his ankles so he can stay.

LMAO, great snow shot in that movie opening. Picture him laying tied to the bed as it's pouring snow outside watching and unable to move to get to his snowbanks, while he's gone the town does his wife a favor and carts away his banks. The glorious ending of the movie showing his freedom is ruined by his first look at his now empty driveway, the movie concludes with a close up of a tear running down his cheek, like the famous Native Indian spot about pollution.

I enjoy snow on the ground til the bitter end, usually mid-April in my parts. Torches come and go, but I'm confident the snow will remain.

Oh yeah. Our pack isn't going anywhere for quite a while barring some unprecedented warm & wet period. A little bit of a thaw and subsequent refreeze makes the pack all that more durable, if a bit lower on the yardstick. :whistle:

We will survive

01aaa-garcia-large.jpg

'454922']

Nice, why anyone wrote off anything already is beyond me. There is way too much uncertainty this year in model dailies for anyone to state in absolutes that there will be no snowstorms for the next two weeks.

[/b]

We'll see.....mod events or greater will be tough to come by for the rest of this mth.

oh i know you weren't. WSW flow, relatively low humidity, increasing sun angle...certainly not out of the question.

The funny thing about Kevin, is that he has people to give him all sorts of info. If he's uncomfortable with once piece of info..he'll go to someone else to see if they agree. laugh.gif Cracks me up.

Who knows if the euro is right, but regardless, it's a two day torch with the potential for a somewhat milder Wednesday.

Euro ensembles bring the cool down like the op run has, but not really feeling the -nao for now. Looks like the central North Pacific ridge wants to build.

The funny thing about Kevin, is that he has people to give him all sorts of info. If he's uncomfortable with once piece of info..he'll go to someone else to see if they agree. laugh.gif Cracks me up.

Who knows if the euro is right, but regardless, it's a two day torch with the potential for a somewhat milder Wednesday.

Euro ensembles bring the cool down like the op run has, but not really feeling the -nao for now. Looks like the central North Pacific ridge wants to build.

ha ha. yeah he does. i hadn't seen your post when he texted me...all i said was "looks warm"

tonight was forecast to be in the single digits two days ago, now 19. I think tomorrow we break freezing, and we are getting into the time of year where I add 3-5 on forecast daily highs, just the way it goes.

SHould be one hell of a virga storm on the south coast and islands tonight

tonight was forecast to be in the single digits two days ago, now 19. I think tomorrow we break freezing, and we are getting into the time of year where I add 3-5 on forecast daily highs, just the way it goes.

SHould be one hell of a virga storm on the south coast and islands tonight

We have cold air advection tomorrow after a bit of WAA this afternoon and early evening. Tomorrow night will be the coldest night,.

I texted to Kevin that spots may be near 60F next week if the euro was right. He probably flipped his car somewhere in God's country, and now is reliving the movie "Misery" with a crazy, obese, woman breaking his ankles so he can stay.

I just read this, and was laughing my ass off - HARD. I can totally see imagine this scenario.

. . . The glorious ending of the movie showing his freedom is ruined by his first look at his now empty driveway, the movie concludes with a close up of a tear running down his cheek, like the famous Native Indian spot about pollution.

The sequel opens at a turn of the century asylum, during mid-summer heatwave. Kevin, locked away in his padded room, is seen from a distance, staring out of the barred windows.

[The rantings begin]

. . . "I have 8 foot snow banks in the driveway . . . 8 foot snow banks in the driveway . . . 8 foot snow banks in the driveway . . . 8 foot snow banks in the driveway . . .8 foot snow banks in the driveway . . ."

Archived