Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early spring...or poorly timed thaw...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This front can't come thru fast enough today. Up to 40 now at least it'll be cloudy till the front rips in

06_surrounded_islands4.jpg

You need a solution like this, Blizzy. Vast tarps to cover your property during these threats to your snowpack.

No tasteless blue-tarp blue.

Pink. Keep it pink.

I'm rootin' for a fast rescue for you tonight. Will be driving through your hideout Wed. on my way to The City.

I hope you hold max snow during these coming and profoundly depressing next few days down there.

Vim Toot!

Looks like a sneaky backdoor front may be an issue (mainly from Mass Pike northward) on Thu as a shortwave amplifies over Nova Scotia. The backdoor would turn winds more WNW/NW vs. WSW/SW and probably introduce a decent amount of low cloud cover.

NAM is a bit more aggressive on it than the GFS. NAM actually keeps temps in the 30s from the Pike northward through 18z Thu - it's likely exaggerating the low-level cold esp. given westerly flow. However, I could see temps staying in the low 40s for ORH and mid 40s for BOS on Thu afternoon while it torches into the low 50s near PVD and EWB.

Looks like a sneaky backdoor front may be an issue (mainly from Mass Pike northward) on Thu as a shortwave amplifies over Nova Scotia. The backdoor would turn winds more WNW/NW vs. WSW/SW and probably introduce a decent amount of low cloud cover.

NAM is a bit more aggressive on it than the GFS. NAM actually keeps temps in the 30s from the Pike northward through 18z Thu - it's likely exaggerating the low-level cold esp. given westerly flow. However, I could see temps staying in the low 40s for ORH and mid 40s for BOS on Thu afternoon while it torches into the low 50s near PVD and EWB.

Let's sink that just a bit farther south

A couple of days ago the NCEP models had the clipper passing quite a bit further south than it ended up.

Not much of a torch here, low/mid 40s is all we'll get with the winds off the water. Feels cold out. Snowpack that is left is taking a hit but still not that bad.

It should have been a given that there was no way that low would dig the way the early progs had it. Until NAO becomes more robust, our best chance is overrunning.

It should have been a given that there was no way that low would dig the way the early progs had it. Until NAO becomes more robust, our best chance is overrunning.

I think it's just been a consistent theme all winter...storms were too far S/SE and cold...almost every time.

CT wins the golden torch award for today:

CONNECTICUT

CITY SKY/WX TMP DP RH WIND PRES REMARKS

BRADLEY INTL SUNNY 52 26 36 S14 29.31F

HARTFORD SUNNY 55 26 32 VRB3 29.34F

BRIDGEPORT SUNNY 45 30 55 SW8 29.38F

DANBURY MOSUNNY 55 26 32 W10G24 29.37F

GROTON PTSUNNY 49 31 49 SW13G21 29.38F

NEW HAVEN SUNNY 46 30 53 SW10G18 29.37F

CHESTER FAIR 50 27 40 SW13G25 29.37F

MERIDEN SUNNY 54 25 32 S12G20 29.34F

WILLIMANTIC PTSUNNY 52 26 36 SW14G23 29.35F