• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early spring...or poorly timed thaw...

Typhoon Tip

Don't get me wrong....I can not describe how thoroughly I enjoyed that month period of time.....but when the pack goes stale and there are no more storms occuring, you are reminded of the implications of that around these parts and they are vastly different than the ones experienced further n.

ehh....i understand where you are coming from.

but im just not sure why you are giving up on attaining a record depth when you still have over 2 feet.

i know , i know....the chances are slim, but i just wouldnt be giving up at this time, no matter how brown my pack had become or is going to become.

the models definitely arent clear on how this pattern is going to evolve the next couple weeks. though i realize that a torch is more likely than not.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL. i think it'll work out OK for most of us.

It has worked out for a lot so far, The problem is the end sneaks up sometimes when you don't think it will, Great example would be Winter 2010 up here, No one here thought we would not see anymore snow up here after Jan 20th but that was the case other then a few inches

I have everything from a butcher, liquor store, convenience stores and dry cleaners within about 500ft. I love it.

I just plan things out better :P

I haven't used a dry cleaners in quite a long time. Suits are only used for funerals/weddings.

I do wish there was a good butcher near me.

I do have to drive 3 or 4 miles before I hit a supermarket. But all main road/state highway. No problems.

When I lived in the city (well, Lowell), I could walk to bars, conv. stores, sub shops, etc... would not go back to that life... ever.

How do things on Mon/Tues look?

LOL, you always are, but party is always over after 3/31, more or less.

yeah the party is over by the end of march, we can stay below freezing right up until the end of the month but thats about as far as we can push it.

april can have an odd snow here and there, but its warming quickly.....like you guys.

by then its the Plains/upper MW season.

Steve,

I've been there before. Lived in D.C. for 3.5 years, and Boston for 2 years, and suburban Boston for about 6 years. City sidestreets, and sidewalks continue to be downright nasty, the days, and even weeks after heavy snow falls. Like some have mentioned, the color of the snowbanks gets nasty, and uninviting, and a pain in the ass as time goes by.

These clippers have to be pretty uninteresting to you people in NE who have had the huge storms. Just nickel and dime things.

The main this is..how long can the torch be staved off and how long does it last.....

I don't think there will be anymore major snow threats until the tail end of the month and March. The goal for the next two weeks can best be described as damage control.

Its pretty ugly...generally less than a tenth...a little more for NNE but not much.

Steve,

I've been there before. Lived in D.C. for 3.5 years, and Boston for 2 years, and suburban Boston for about 6 years. City sidestreets, and sidewalks continue to be downright nasty, the days, and even weeks after heavy snow falls. Like some have mentioned, the color of the snowbanks gets nasty, and uninviting, and a pain in the ass as time goes by.

Yuck, garbage everywhere, mixed in the snow, dog crap and urinate, man oh man. So how do you like your country home? Lots and lots of work I know but ahhhhhhhh.

What is the highs and lows for each day? , not concerned that it is cooler than depicted?

well verbatim the 2-m temps in new england are not that warm...but that's probably crap if the upper levels and those thicknesses actually played out as depicted. when you see the 2-m 32F line in james bay and overnight lows in the middle 50s in the OV you can kind of assume Torch.

well verbatim the 2-m temps in new england are not that warm...but that's probably crap if the upper levels and those thicknesses actually played out as depicted. when you see the 2-m 32F line in james bay and overnight lows in the middle 50s in the OV you can kind of assume Torch.

Lots of low level moisture?

Pretty much light snows off and on on the euro from 18z Sunday until 18z Tues up here

the problem for us will be the storm that comes after that, as we will have accumlating snow up until then.

im hoping as we trend closer the heights, which are pretty stout all the way across northern Canada, can keep that thing moving more W-E rather than cutting into james bay.

the euro the last couple runs has been backing off the building ridge/heights in the prairies at day 5-7, and it looks the latest GEM has backed off too. previous euro runs had a 552 ridge into central manitoba, today its down to about 540.

hopefully that trend can continue and we can ease that puppy across or just north of the international border, limiting damage.....there will be some i am fairly sure, question is how much.

Archived