• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 7/8 Mostly "Meh" snow obs/disco

HoarfrostHubb

Your obs are ones I'm always interested in..because our wx tends to follow the same pattern during precip events...when you flip to ip/zr it always means it's not more than a few hours here....very good sign that all the hills are snow from the start

Yeah thats why I threw it in here.. Our wx is very similar just separated by a few hours..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still going to be tough to get anything but rain here...snowpack continues to drop....oh well.

Nah, it will snow tonight into tomorrow morning, question is, does it come down hard enough to cool 2m temps enough to stick.

Even I am suprised its frozen as close as Shelton, certainly a good sign.

As far as snowpack, 17 at BDR, not bad, continous snowpack since 12/26 a very, very, very rare occurence on the ct coast for sure, and its certainly going nowhere over the next 4 days.

The RUC isn't going to be wrong at this range with at least the initial pulse, no way.

I just looked quickly, RUC is slower in the southern range with the s/w but more notably slower with the northern s/w at six hours. It would appear that possibly a collosal bust occured even inside of 6-12 hours with the handling of those features which if it is the case only solidifies my opinion that something is very wrong with the data at NCEP.

An idiot with a crayon and a transparent piece of paper could draw straight lines based on three hours of water vapor and do a better job of pinning down s/w positions than the models right now at 6 hours.

EDIT re bust...I mean at 500. In reality the composite is much worse than the bite in terms of QPF the RUC is driving....

Says 20-25dbz should be moving in to kevin in the next hour or two and heavier down in delmarva moving ne to nne toward us. RUC sure does think it's right... not backing down each hour.

well if we could get the radar trends to fill in up thru ACY then Ne/NNE To HVN after midnite.....we are in bizness.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USVA0731&animate=true

Archived