Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 7/8 Mostly "Meh" snow obs/disco

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's one intense southern stream jet. Too bad we're not getting some degree of phasing. Would be a pretty sweet storm.

Pretty much the northern and southern streams stay out of phase for the next several days which repeatedly leads to destructive wave interference.

Thats pretty damn bullish for a 7 hour forecast. Jesus. I wonder if the RUC can win another one like on Jan 26-27. We'll have to see over the next 3 hours. The radar is looking more and more interesting, but sometime the bark can be much louder than the bite.

Thing is the new RUC is even more severe.

I think it's game on. Where/temps to be determined.

Interesting... I would say RUC trends are telling, even this far out.

Surface temps in Boston metro 7pm ranging from 37-40F... decent precipitation will help / be necessary to mix mid-level temps down to the surface.

Wow.....interesting.

Ginx and Joe are waiting to gang bang me. lol

Nah LOL. Just fed the kids and watching obs come in from pa, watching radar and surface temps. I do think there will be some suprises, tough for the coastal plain but heavier precip rates will overcome that. Lots of energy around with a wicked cold airmass looming certainly a recipe for something out of the norm. Would like to see precip start to reach the ground by 9pm, it is now over eastern pa, but I would imagine its breaking out over nw ct and western mass as I type.

Thats pretty damn bullish for a 7 hour forecast. Jesus. I wonder if the RUC can win another one like on Jan 26-27. We'll have to see over the next 3 hours. The radar is looking more and more interesting, but sometime the bark can be much louder than the bite.

I've looked at this very little figuring tonight would be the time to start. The 15/18 hr ruc runs earlier had the same signature. To see it at 12 hours like you know...not all that reliable probably one out of two times this year it meant something. To see it at 7 hrs...wow.

Something is up but I haven't looked enough to know whether it means much...temps etc. Based on the 700 it seems to want to keep it over se areas later at least thru the 21z run

Will, why might ALY have cited 4-8" over the higher terrain in their advisory? I'm thinking it might include some upslope.

I've looked at this very little figuring tonight would be the time to start. The 15/18 hr ruc runs earlier had the same signature. To see it at 12 hours like you know...not all that reliable probably one out of two times this year it meant something. To see it at 7 hrs...wow.

Something is up but I haven't looked enough to know whether it means much...temps etc. Based on the 700 it seems to want to keep it over se areas later at least thru the 21z run

The RUC may be Bullish like you say, but the 700 Humid. is nothing to look twice about.... unless on the immediate cape. This screams screw hole zone for NH, most of MA and CT

Even though it has that moderate precip look to it on the TOTAL QPF map... its just a bunch of mangled SN-

EDIT: Quincy, you could argue that the NAM is off with the precip in VA, but the GFS is pretty dead nuts and its suggesting a general 2-4" snowfall, pretty much what the RUC is suggesting, I don't understand whats different here???

ruc_700_013l.gif

The RUC may be Bullish like you say, but the 700 Humid. is nothing to look twice about.... unless on the immediate cape. This screams screw hole zone for NH, most of MA and CT

Even though it has that moderate precip look to it on the TOTAL QPF map... its just a bunch of mangled SN-

ruc_700_013l.gif

There is a disconnect for sure. The dynamics are down here not as spread as the clown radar shows. Still though will be interesting to watch...someone is going to surprise with .3 to .5 I think

Archived