• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 7/8 Mostly "Meh" snow obs/disco

HoarfrostHubb

Well if guidance is going to bust on precip...let's hope it busts on temps too.

I'm still a little worried of a split for ctrl and ern areas. Composite weenie radar is a lot more impressive then single site. If radar continues to look good and develop better echoes in the next 3-4 hours, then we should know for sure.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still a little worried of a split for ctrl and ern areas. Composite weenie radar is a lot more impressive then single site. If radar continues to look good and develop better echoes in the next 3-4 hours, then we should know for sure.

I'm curious to see the 00z RUC as well...splitting is definitely a possibility, but I think it's looking better for much of southern New England.

A lot guidance clipped the cape with the offshore low...but basically 90% of the qpf was being wasted in too warm a column. If it comes further west it might help out some interior areas where things are colder...but for MBY and most south of I-90 guidance will have to have been way too warm for it to matter much I think.

Even the euro looked like .3 or. 4 down here.

I remember that storm where it was supposed to be mostly dry then the cape got destroyed and even I got some snow I think....when was that and when did models catch on?

...just curious, not comparing this one at all.

Back on 12/20 and 12/21. Models failed horribly right up to the event, but that was a retrograding low. Models always have a tough time handling those.

I remember that storm where it was supposed to be mostly dry then the cape got destroyed and even I got some snow I think....when was that and when did models catch on?

...just curious, not comparing this one at all.

Retro storm earlier this year. All models failed right up until the event RUC was OK but a little too aggressive with bringing the low NW. NAM had a couple weenie runs that gave some hope but it mostly failed too.

Your obs are ones I'm always interested in..because our wx tends to follow the same pattern during precip events...when you flip to ip/zr it always means it's not more than a few hours here....very good sign that all the hills are snow from the start

Your kids are going to forget what their teachers look like...

What is it giving us, like 2-4"..

Yea about 2-4" With mod/hvy precip still over the area at hr 12 on the 23z ruc so likely more to come after that - if I had to extrapolate the RUC (LOL axesmiley.png) I'd say 3-6" up by you, but less down in the CP due to BL temps that don't drop enough until a few hours into the snow.

Archived