Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Looking beyond Feb 5-6th event

Baroclinic Zone

Won't be a peep out of the torch talkers or wasp maker uppers

A very confused lady bug is sitting on the window too. I think the female queen wasps hibernate/nest in the space between the siding and the windows and somehow find their way in before I smash them. The lady bugs do the same thing but my girls love to play with them. Happens as soon as it warms.

Any day now the Elk and Reindeer should start rutting on Mt Tolland and up where Pete lives at 22k feet ASL while the first few grizzlies come out of hibernation looking for a square meal.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very confused lady bug is sitting on the window too. I think the female queen wasps hibernate/nest in the space between the siding and the windows and somehow find their way in before I smash them. The lady bugs do the same thing but my girls love to play with them. Happens as soon as it warms.

Any day now the Elk and Reindeer should start rutting on Mt Tolland and up where Pete lives at 22k feet ASL while the first few grizzlies come out of hibernation looking for a square meal.

When I lived in Attleboro, the paper wasps (mostly yellow jackets) would nest inside the space between shutter and siding and most likely nest practically inside the house. A straggler would find its way into the house curtains on the warmest days. The first warm sunshine can bring them out after a cold, dark spell.

Think Spring.

laugh.gif

I love snow and cold as much as anyone on this board, but this 45* afternoon feels amazing. I know we've got tons of winter left, but this weather makes me miss lawn-mowing, golfing and the beach

I'll save you all the time: :weenie:

There have been a few ladybugs showing up in my office all winter. They're also common in IL where my granddaughters live. When GD #2 was about 8 months old, her "playing" was a bit more intense, such that the 2-yr-old prim-and-proper GD #1 screamed out, "Delia [Celia] eat bud! Delia eat bud!" No harm done, except to the ladybug.

Yesterday I heard the first spring call ("phee-be") from the local chickadees, instead of the midwinter "chick-a-dee-dee". It's about the usual time for that.

Think Spring.

I love snow and cold as much as anyone on this board, but this 45* afternoon feels amazing. I know we've got tons of winter left, but this weather makes me miss lawn-mowing, golfing and the beach

boys will be crying for their mommas again this week, why rush your life by? spring will come .... as the sands through the hour glass these are the days of our lives.

Euro now has the Miller B threat for Feb 15th...but its slightly too far north on this run verbatim. Its definitely a lot different than the torch it was showing for that time frame the previous runs.

thanks will!!

this may be our most legitimate potential in the next 10 days, at least something to trend

boys will be crying for their mommas again this week, why rush your life by? spring will come .... as the sands through the hour glass these are the days of our lives.

40F is Spring right now. Early Feb, many stations above normal today and past days. Hell it's 50 on LI right now and practically 50 in sun most of the coastal plain.

Staring drooling at the models, is if anything, rushing your life away.

Why fantasize over a D 10 image? ENJOY the 24 inches of snow on the ground and 50F I've been outside today spraypainting/painting stuff outdoors for indoors later. LOL

This is great weather and it should also be permissable to talk about without attempts to being insulted (MRG).

40F is Spring right now. Early Feb, many stations above normal today and past days. Hell it's 50 on LI right now and practically 50 in sun most of the coastal plain.

Staring drooling at the models, is if anything, rushing your life away.

Why fantasize over a D 10 image? ENJOY the 24 inches of snow on the ground and 50F I've been outside today spraypainting/painting stuff outdoors for indoors later. LOL

This is great weather and it should also be permissable to talk about without attempts to being insulted (MRG).

It's all in fun (I hope :yikes: )

I've been working on clearing a path to my grill that has sat unused for 2 months... at least the mice aren't in there. This stuff is like concrete.

Archived