amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS Part 4

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stepped out, all the accumulated roof snow avalanched down, literally pushing me back into the house.

Amazing,. lets see a little more on Friday, maybe Saturday too.

What happens next tues/wed with the next 1 foot potential...it's unimaginable for us..Syracuse yes, NYC/LI NO.

I suppose i will wind up with another 4 or 5 inches before this truly quits in nassau between 4 and 5.

Incredible how poor the short range guidance was last night, even the high res models. Anyway this should be a glaring example of how important real time tracking is with coastal storms.

I'm telling you, man...the SPC-WRF is insane. It was northwest of the NAM last night and I knew we were good to go. I mean seriously...can this model be this good?

refd_1000m_f16.gif

valhalla...I know I'm south but not sure how many miles. We aren't doing as well as areas south of here but I'd estimate at least 7 new on top of 4 from earlier...

It is amazing how this winter has been more of a coastal and southern westchester winter. I am just nw of you by probably 15 miles or less and I have had only (not too bad) 35 inches of snow.

I'm telling you, man...the SPC-WRF is insane. It was northwest of the NAM last night and I knew we were good to go. I mean seriously...can this model be this good?

refd_1000m_f16.gif

Since it nailed a bunch of severe weather events and you pointed it out I've been all over it and it is SOLID...I had no doubt in my mind the NAM was wrong when I see support like this

It is amazing how this winter has been more of a coastal and southern westchester winter. I am just nw of you by probably 15 miles or less and I have had only (not too bad) 35 inches of snow.

Yeah, Northern Westchester hasn't done as well this winter, especially the NW corner of the county that didn't get as much in the 1/7 Norlun or the WAA snows yesterday.

Just seven miles north of the Bronx border, I've measured well over 50" this winter, and I measured very conservatively in the drifted Boxing Day Blizzard, coming in with 13" total.

The snow depth is amazing but going to be a big pain to shovel in the morning. I think schools may actually close this go around. Especially if we continue like this for a few more hrs.

If NYC ends up with 14+ which I think is nothing short of a probability at this point then I dont see hows it's possible they remain open

No, it's 9" on the ground. (JFK had 2" on the ground before this event began). The number after the slash in a SNINCR comment is the snow on the ground (the number before the slash is the amount of new snow in the past hour).

KJFK 270551Z 36019KT 1/8SM R04R/1000V1200FT +SN FZFG VV004 M01/M02 A2955 RMK AO2 PK WND 36026/0512 SFC VIS 1/4 SLP004 SNINCR 2/9 PRESENT WX DRSN 4/009 P0017 60046 T10061022 10011 21006 53012

is that 9" new today?

I remember when you didn't really like this event for the area.:)

I hated this event. The high was retreating, the storm was strengthening, we had east winds, an east based nao which does jack. I could go down the list at 5 days out :lmao: . I just cant believe it came around to this. Shoulda known in this winter!

"You get the feeling from this winter that If it can snow a lot, it will find a way"

Archived