Newest Member
    amirah5
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS Part 4

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't care if I had to go to work..totally worth staying up

I mean to be completely honest I wouldn't have gone to class anyway tomorrow....but now its official. My professor got worried and changed the whole schedule around since we've already had a full snow day, like 2 half days and 2 1hr delays just this month alone.

For cablevision subscribers, watch the traffic cams on channel 61.

Listening to the Nassau County police, the LIE seems to be a parking lot on the ramps with some spinouts in spots on the LIE. Reminds me of the 12/26 storm, just crazy out there. Cops themselves are stuck, etc. A complete repeat of that storm.

Clipper snows both Sat and Sunday... out to 120 hours doesn't look like it's going to lakes cut like last night.

Very light overrunning QPF at 108hrs with a weak sfc reflection

All right well, we all know what overunning can do if we can time it....

I can only imagine what the snow depth might be if we get it...

Three Feet snow depth? :arrowhead:

I hated this event. The high was retreating, the storm was strengthening, we had east winds, an east based nao which does jack. I could go down the list at 5 days out :lmao: . I just cant believe it came around to this. Shoulda known in this winter!

"You get the feeling from this winter that If it can snow a lot, it will find a way"

I had a feeling this wasn't going to cut inland based on the NAO, PNA and MJO.

Clipper snows both Sat and Sunday... out to 120 hours doesn't look like it's going to lakes cut like last night.

Very light overrunning QPF at 108hrs with a weak sfc reflection

I saw in another thread that the Euro looks like the GFS. Good sign.:thumbsup:

Wow, nice. Monmouth County looking pretty good with this storm. This storm will easily send us over 50" on the season now, with 2 months to go. I'm pretty sure we're ahead of 1995-96 at this point.

It's really truly amazing, this blows away last winter so far, and radar is hinting at an other deform trying build to our sw to close this puppy out with a bang. Unreal, how did you do at Nova?

Archived