• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
talk about tv/lwx/other mets here regarding the storm or whatever else you think of

real

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen Justin post on the boards lately, he always has been able to break things down easily for anyone to understand. I STILL can't understand Tom T.'s call of 1-3" and downplaying the storm. Unless they are seeing something, and know something that "we" don't of course.

I think it's because regardless of the models, Tasselmyer doesn't believe we'll be getting a big snowstorm without a strong arctic high. Like many have said, we need to thread the needle, and Tasselmyer may just think that models are overdoing the cold by a few degrees and the temps will struggle to crash.

http://www.wbaltv.co...793/detail.html

I think it's because regardless of the models, Tasselmyer doesn't believe we'll be getting a big snowstorm without a strong arctic high. Like many have said, we need to thread the needle, and Tasselmyer may just think that models are overdoing the cold by a few degrees and the temps will struggle to crash.

I don't think he'll buy in until 0Z comes in. Hard to disagree with it...still very thread the needle regardless of the models.

I thought I had seen that map wrong and corrected a previous post, but what I initially wrote was right. Really surprising that almost all of the northern tier of MD from Frederick east is 1 to 3.

And even if that verifies, it's so against what nws is saying that I think he should have addressed more clearly why he is going so much lower..

Regarding Tom Tasselmyer, I'm also a bit surprised by his forecast. I know that he is one TV met who actually uses the Euro in his forecasting process. He must have his reasons for low-balling the accumulations. We'll see if he ups the ante at 11 PM.

MDstorm

they run an inhouse model that , obviously, does not show a heavy snow fall for cent md. They do not , on the radio, advertise a winter storm watch. He may be caught by surprise if we get a lot more. As said above, he advertises a big artic high that keeps the cold air in and without that , I guess, he doesn't believe were going to see a lot of snow. Time will tell

I just found on Washington's TBD, which I think is affiliated with ABC 7. Talk about hedging their bets. I get their overall point, but you can't make this stuff up. You are forecasting six or more, but don't know how much of it will stick?

"6:10: Meteorologist Steve Rudin makes an important point aboutinterpreting the accumulation map. While we're calling for a band of 6 inchesor more of snow, how much of that you will actually see on yoursidewalks Thursday morning could be much less. The temperatures tomorrowwill be in the 40s and it's unknown exactly how much of the snow will stick."

http://www.tbd.com/blogs/weather/2011/01/several-inches-of-snow-looks-likely-as-storm-hits-d-c-wednesday-7662.html

I just found on Washington's TBD, which I think is affiliated with ABC 7. Talk about hedging their bets. I get their overall point, but you can't make this stuff up. You are forecasting six or more, but don't know how much of it will stick?

"6:10: Meteorologist Steve Rudin makes an important point aboutinterpreting the accumulation map. While we're calling for a band of 6 inchesor more of snow, how much of that you will actually see on yoursidewalks Thursday morning could be much less. The temperatures tomorrowwill be in the 40s and it's unknown exactly how much of the snow will stick."

http://www.tbd.com/b...esday-7662.html

I wonder how he thinks temperatures will climb into the 40s...

Had to lol...Channel 11 here in Baltimore sent reporter Jennifer Franciotti out to do the "hey it's snowing" reporting and she complained over not having the right boots and having had to borrow a hat because she wasn't expecting snow this morning. Take that up with Tasselmeyer, Franciotti.

As for the locals, Justin Berk on ABC2 going 5-8 in the city, less SE and more NW while Tony Pann on 11 still in catch-up mode with a wtf map showing 3-6 in Baltimore city with LESS north and west.

Had to lol...Channel 11 here in Baltimore sent reporter Jennifer Franciotti out to do the "hey it's snowing" reporting and she complained over not having the right boots and having had to borrow a hat because she wasn't expecting snow this morning. Take that up with Tasselmeyer, Franciotti.

As for the locals, Justin Berk on ABC2 going 5-8 in the city, less SE and more NW while Tony Pann on 11 still in catch-up mode with a wtf map showing 3-6 in Baltimore city with LESS north and west.

That's because Justin reads the forums and knows how to do business :weight_lift:

Is the best in Baltimore.

Um no. NO you wouldn't.

I know better. Why would I give a crap what local TV weather people say? I NEVER have since I've been on these forums.

I agree with you, however:

Local Municipalities 'must' listen to the TV mets/ LWX because the State Highway Admin did not pre-treat the roads. Now there are accidents everywhere. It becomes more of a safety issue when they ignore the information at hand.

Archived