• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
talk about tv/lwx/other mets here regarding the storm or whatever else you think of

real

lol at wjz. Coating-3" for dc/balt??

This really is a moment of truth for these T.V. mets (Yes, I know no one cares). But if they go too low and all bust, we should shame them... This is ridiculous. Can't these station's actually invest in quality Mets and not be afraid to make a tough call everyone know and then without being hand-held by LWX. (rant over)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they have always been a lil' slow with their forecasting and lets be honest, its the station that allows Bass to do morning forecasts.

to be quite honest, the Baltimore metro area really lacks a truly great forecaster. Arguements can be made for Burk or Tom T., but thats about it.

Tom Tasselmyer will be bullish this evening. Mark my words......he will call for at least 4-8", maybe 6-12.

Actually, I believe Turk got his degree in Geography from Towson. TV mets with Geog degrees are not uncommon.

I have met him and talked to him , at length, many years ago while clubbing in baltimore before he got remarried. He told me he got his bachelors degree in geology,That is one of the reasons they hired him for wjz,tv.

This really is a moment of truth for these T.V. mets (Yes, I know no one cares). But if they go too low and all bust, we should shame them... This is ridiculous. Can't these station's actually invest in quality Mets and not be afraid to make a tough call everyone know and then without being hand-held by LWX. (rant over)

Because local TV news is a money maker and growth industry? Its a shock they have the budget to have something beyond a lottery drawing to figure out what the forecast is.

Um, is it just me or are the last few runs/forecast getting a tad optomistic? I mean 10 inches on the clown map in DC? That seems, well, unlikely.

Look, Local TV mets have been burned bad this year so far. they've looked like idiots at times. Models have not been stellar this year. It's 45 right now, and already cloudy. Not to defend them, but I do see their side of not completely pulling the trigger. I'll bet over the next 12-24 hours they gradually up the amounts.

He must have lied to you. His BS is in Geog from Towson and his M.S. is in GEOG from IUP. He was a planner before doing weather for WJZ.

I have met him and talked to him , at length, many years ago while clubbing in baltimore before he got remarried. He told me he got his bachelors degree in geology,That is one of the reasons they hired him for wjz,tv.

Bob turk's salary was posted one time, I saw it and I,m not going to say what it was but he is very well paid.!!!

Release the hounds Smithers!

Anyone with a brain should know that TV weather casters are 6 time zones behind their own ass 99% of the time, and that the most recent information is IN THIS THREAD, thus making just about any other source, including the NWS, not worth reporting IN THIS THREAD. I wish the weenies would get that through their head, or create your own thread discussing why someone on TV sporting a History degree and a couple of physical geography courses is wrong.

Even Tommy T is running with mostly rain and only 1-3 in the 95 corridor. I am a bit shocked as he is almost always bullish with accumlations.

I shouldn't have posted in the other thread, but wth are they looking at? I never watch the weather on tv, but I thought it might be fun tonight to watch them hit the panic button, and instead, they look like they're simply not going to acknowledge the potential.

Yes. But...

"...mix changes to snow after sunset and since most falls as a mix, that will cut down on our totals. The computer models say 1 to 3 inches total for the Baltimore area..."

Either he was lying out of his arse (possibly he looked at what LWX said instead of the models), or he can't read models any better than a newborn can recite the alphabet.

Either he was lying out of his arse (referring to he looked at what LWX said instead of the models), or he can't read models any better than a newborn can recite the alphabet.

I shouldn't have quoted that because it probably wasn't exact wording, but it was close. He might have said "our model," referring to their "FutureCast." Maybe an accu-weather thing?

http://www.wbaltv.com/video-cast/26609721/detail.html

Tom T seems to be relying on his futurecast more than any other....it basically has rain/mix all the way out here until after sunset.

:rolleyes:

That link I posted above is about 10X more bull'ish than they sounded a few minutes ago.

Anyway, it makes no difference to most here and it's only annoying because for the general public, that's where they get their forecast.

I shouldn't have quoted that because it probably wasn't exact wording, but it was close. He might have said "our model," referring to their "FutureCast." Maybe an accu-weather thing?

http://www.wbaltv.co...721/detail.html

Well now that's quite a bit different. Thank you for clarifying.

The map's not TOO far off, but to say that DCA up 95 to BWI and east will fringe on 1-3" when just off to the west you have 3-6"+ looming is cutting it really close. I hope people will notice how close the bigger totals are and keep that in mind.

Anyone with a brain should know that TV weather casters are 6 time zones behind their own ass 99% of the time, and that the most recent information is IN THIS THREAD, thus making just about any other source, including the NWS, not worth reporting IN THIS THREAD. I wish the weenies would get that through their head, or create your own thread discussing why someone on TV sporting a History degree and a couple of physical geography courses is wrong.

Obviously yours is non existent. A suggestion the next time the circus comes to town leave with it. You might have a future shoveling zhit out of the animal cages.

;-)

Archived