joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some years it just doesn't want to snow. Others, like last winter it's a peice of cake. I will say the latest trends are very concerning for my overall 20-30" snow forecast for the city. We are going to have to have a blockbuster February and March to pull it off. Definitely feeling a little depressed about the current situation. When you depend on snow for income a snowless winter is literally a nightmare. I'm in no way throwing in the towel just yet. I still think we have at the least a solid February. Even 98 managed 5.5" with allot less cold air around

I'm assuming you mean me? Yes, not privately but at my job as a groundskeeper at Columbia U. I get paid double time for any snow emergency so it's serious money. Even just an inch means extra hours. A good winter can equal 1/3 of my income for the entire year

Ouch, well for your case I hope the city gets an inch this weekend so you can make a few extra bucks.

The 12Z Euro op was way closer to something down in the Gulf states than the 00Z Op was. Also 7 or so GFS members have something down there, I've seen worse support before and the Euro has had some fumbles inside 7 days this year, until the GFS jumps off the train on that I won't be sold its impossible

I'm assuming you mean me? Yes, not privately but at my job as a groundskeeper at Columbia U. I get paid double time for any snow emergency so it's serious money. Even just an inch means extra hours. A good winter can equal 1/3 of my income for the entire year

Hopefully you guys get some snow down there soon.. They are really hurting up here as well. Many people up here depend on snow for a good chunk of their income. 

Ya my income was up over 20% last year due to the snow. Was hoping for a salt run here in monmouth but not gonna happen today

Some years it just doesn't want to snow. Others, like last winter it's a peice of cake. I will say the latest trends are very concerning for my overall 20-30" snow forecast for the city. We are going to have to have a blockbuster February and March to pull it off. Definitely feeling a little depressed about the current situation. When you depend on snow for income a snowless winter is literally a nightmare. I'm in no way throwing in the towel just yet. I still think we have at the least a solid February. Even 98 managed 5.5" with allot less cold air around

Same boat here! Its just amazing how we haven't even had a salt run yet….The last two winters were unreal and going through this one right now makes you remember how historic they where. Only silver lining is that everyone is in the same boat, its not like I'm watching sne or upstate NY get crushed….

Same boat here! Its just amazing how we haven't even had a salt run yet….The last two winters were unreal and going through this one right now makes you remember how historic they where. Only silver lining is that everyone is in the same boat, its not like I'm watching sne or upstate NY get crushed….

I'm not worried because it didn't really snow until the end of January and Feb and Mar were great.

every winter since 9/10 has been upper echelon in some way around here. either warm or snowy

How about a poll of members to see how many think we will make it to at least Jan. 29 w/o any snow measured at CPK?   Jan. 29, 1973 is the current record for this feat I believe.    

GFS is zippo for next 16 days, unless this PM/evening comes through for us---all the coming storm systems seem too warm for our location.

This weekend, even the 850mb temps. are above 0C to start,  on all the models I saw, Euro, CMC, GFS.

How about a poll of members to see how many think we will make it to at least Jan. 29 w/o any snow measured at CPK?   Jan. 29, 1973 is the current record for this feat I believe.    

GFS is zippo for next 16 days, unless this PM/evening comes through for us---all the coming storm systems seem too warm for our location.

This weekend, even the 850mb temps. are above 0C to start,  on all the models I saw, Euro, CMC, GFS.

Central Park already has had snow

Archived