SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wed Feb 18th Convective Snow Shower Chances

burgertime

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, just to confirm, these initial bands entering the Triad/CLT metro are the beginning of the front, correct? The tail end of the front appears to still be back in TN, so any chance of additional banding to set up?

Or is the energy going to get trapped in the mountains, as traditional upslope snows? I would assume the latter.

Heaviest band looks to be setup over the NC/VA border, looks like RDU may get split based on the radar, LOL.

It's just getting started, radar should fill in a good line through the Piedmont. Look at tclt radar, healthy returns as of this post. Latest HRRR wants to get it going early for Raleigh 3-4pm ahead of the main line.

Think CLT is going to get blanked on this one...that band is dying out on the southend of it. 

Gaston county south of I-85 is where convection goes to die. Would not be surprise the see the band build south again once it gets east of Charlotte. Pretty dark looking towards Lincoln Co where its snowing.

Gaston county south of I-85 is where convection goes to die. Would not be surprise the see the band build south again once it gets east of Charlotte. Pretty dark looking towards Lincoln Co where its snowing.

Just looked at radar again and it looks like some backbuilding behind that main band heading our way. I just want a flurry dammit lol. 

lol   

In other news, my daughters just called.  They are bringing steaks over which I am expected to take outside and grill.  I told them I would do it, but we would be eating late because I first had to change my will.

I do cast iron skillet when it's cold. Especially tonight, that's going to be fun. Good luck!

The radar is looking pretty anemic here. If it's going to build we kinda need that to happen now.

Just looked at radar again and it looks like some backbuilding behind that main band heading our way. I just want a flurry dammit lol. 

I'm cautiously optimistic for some flurries as the band seems to be strengthening ever so slightly. Noticed a few lightning strikes just northeast of Davidson.

Edit: And just like that some small flurries in Belmont.

Archived