wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to you guys/gals!  Maybe you'll allow for a Hudson River Valley runner for us deeper interior folk sometime this winter!! :)  I figured I'd pop in to your region to post the pic below.

My Aunt sent me this picture last night (she lives just south of Hartford, CT) during the death band height...she claims 7" in one hour...and that corresponds well with a few other reports I've heard (5-8"/hr.)  Look carefully and you will see a car that is supposedly only 25' from the camera!!!

Good God that picture is incredible. Hard to even imagine snow that hard, I can see why Kev was going nuts lol wow.

Jer..it's still 1-2 inch pe hour snow here..You guys have hours and hours of S ++++ left

When you factor in the geographical coverage of this storm, the duration, the wind, all the other little things, this IS the storm of 10 centuries.  The drifting here from the last 6 inches- when it got powdery- is amazing.  Hope everyone takes pictures, including from their doorways before they shovel, to capture the drifting, etc.  

Looks like that band slowly moving eastward from central MA may well really bump up totals into astronomical range around Boston.

Yes. Like. 4km NAM has that death band pivot to over our head and just rot until about 13Z or 14z

Flakes are really nice in this band. We're at least 2' here but I haven't been out to measure yet.

Gotta love good ole Clem ..lol

Tolland Works

Tolland you are going to have patients we are out there but it to much snow for our truck they are getting stuck i have loader headed this way . Your going to be home for wile Like · · Share · 11 seconds ago near To

LOL. Is that really his name?

Archived