Welcome to American Weather
  • Announcements

• Wow

BOARD UPGRADE   07/13/2016

As you have noticed, the board has been given a major upgrade.  There are still currently a lot of processes running in the background to complete the upgrade so expect some slow periods.  If you come across any errors, please feel free to post in the Forum Info forum to let us know.  IMPORTANT: YOU MUST LOGIN WITH YOUR DISPLAY NAME.  LOGIN NAMES ARE NO LONGER USED TO LOGIN. Thanks for your patience today!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andyhb

January 4th-6th Major Winter Storm Part 4

525 posts in this topic

I made a call. I gave rationale. I busted. Name of the game. It happens.

You made a call. You gave absolutely no reasoning except that you're an insufferable weenie. You got lucky.

So kindly **** off.

I'm thinking I might bust with my 2-4" call as well.

When do you have to leave for the airport? Doesn't look like you'll get much sleep!

You made a call. You gave absolutely no reasoning except that you're an insufferable weenie. You got lucky.

So kindly **** off.

My goodness.

What's the main precip type by your area? I'd guess it's the same by the lake, but sometimes it can be different under marginal cases, like tonight.

I've got freezing rain and ice pellets alternating.

Actually are transitioning towards more SN than PL right now. Arctic boundary hasn't lifted as far N as the models were showing so we're keeping a low level NE wind and some colder air. Sfc low near CLE right now. As it approaches the front should lift north and I still think we transition to just rain but obviously a lot of damage has already been done.

I'm hoping those heavy bands near Hamilton reach us before we go above freezing.

I'm thinking I might bust with my 2-4" call as well.

When do you have to leave for the airport? Doesn't look like you'll get much sleep!

Taxi picks me up at 5:15. I'm trying to cat nap but it's hard to doze off with the threat of +SN only a few miles away.

Looks like the snow has largely stopped here.  Might get a little more, but I'm going to call 10.5" with a 13.5" total snow pack where I'm at.  It looks like it is closer to a foot from today, but I can't get a measurement to verify that.

Still waiting for the winds to kick in.  You can hear them up in the trees, but they haven't gotten down to the surface on a consistent basis yet.  The snow on the trees is pretty well frozen on, so it will take a lot of wind to shake the snow off the trees.

So kindly **** off.

Save your breath man, we've got alot of weenies in the GTA lol and he aint the only one. Cant blame him! At some point we all over rationalize just like I did earlier today. Oh well.

Have a safe trip man! Hope to see you back in the city ;)

Per the 4z SPC mesoanalysis, the 0c 850 line actually creeped back to the SE a bit. Models are going to verify wrt the track but the thermals were a bit too toasty and you see the results.

Save your breath man, we've got alot of weenies in the GTA lol and he aint the only one. Cant blame him! At some point we all over rationalize just like I did earlier today. Oh well.

Have a safe trip man! Hope to see you back in the city ;)

Not sure how I've been a weenie.

I went with the GFS & Euro over the NAM & GEM. I've always been Euro > GFS > GEM >>>> NAM. We all have our models that we prefer. I wasn't sold on the intense NW shift. Had my doubts that the cold air would scour out as quickly as the models suggested, given how cold it has been.

Many times I have busted low, so I wouldn't call myself a weenie by any means.  :huh:

According to a Twitter conversation between an Environment Canada forecaster/employee (@coreywxelder) and Brett Anderson at Accuweather, it appears that the low has tracked a bit SE than expected.

Not much to say from here other than crushjob. Biggest snowfall I witnessed. Im guess 13-15 inches. Hard to tell though. Wind is going good right now. I gave up on the driveway. Going to enjoy this one.

According to a Twitter conversation between an Environment Canada forecaster/employee (@coreywxelder) and Brett Anderson at Accuweather, it appears that the low has tracked a bit SE than expected.

Doesn't look like it per sfc analysis. Over CLE right now.

Not much to say from here other than crushjob. Biggest snowfall I witnessed. Im guess 13-15 inches. Hard to tell though. Wind is going good right now. I gave up on the driveway. Going to enjoy this one.

Never heard of totals that big in the INDY area like ever. Congrats!!

Pretty good. But yeah...I work in the golf biz. We should definitely do some golf (and drinks) next spring or summer. 

set...i will pm you...i did play and then caddy your way this summer at the Kampen course...damn tough

This area - Stratford/Mitchell - definitely underperforming - based on forecast amounts.  It hasn't been snowing hard once during this event. I would say we have 4-5" since noon. Glad to hear Toronto didn't make the change over to rain.

Roads probably won't even be acceptable until Wednesday. That's what living in the boonies gets ya. 

Can't wait until this town pours the Sahara Desert on roads, though. Then it will look like an enormous dog rubbed a sh!t streak everywhere. 

Wild ride here. Spent the last while outside. After an hour of mixed SN/PL/ZR all of the sudden an intense burst of high end SN maybe +SN for a few minutes. This lasted about half an hour, now back to ZR/IP mix. Front yard thermometer still around 30F.

Remeasured and we're at 9.5cm accumulation, including PL mixed in and a touch of rain.

Bit of an overperformer around here.