joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heavy Rain Events Thursday 9/10/15 & Sunday 9/13/15

Brian5671

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Tom - check your PMs if you get a second!

Nice shot earlier... lucky timing. The low level mesocyclone actually strengthened briefly as it moved ashore on TJFK.

I absolutely got lucky. Was just watching the radar. really waiting for the rain to end because we were on the beach for the volleyball tournament and then I saw the rotation. I looked up and it was about to drop.

It was funny because we were all under a giant tent and I just start sprinting towards the water to get the shot. My friends thought I was sprinting into the water to save a drowning kid or something.

0.01" of rain here today. I think this is the most disgusting summer I've evere experienced, but I just have to try to laugh it off at this point. At least it's almost over. 

Yeah looks like the RGEM was right with its idea of dryness from central NJ up thru my area...nothing measurable here. We did well here however with the last event with 2.42".

Wow!!! Definitely never saw a waterspout or tornado in all my time living in Long Beach. Incredible.

And here you going running off to Texas looking for tornados lol. It happens really fast though. It was all of about 60 seconds and I don't think most people even knew what was going on.

And here you going running off to Texas looking for tornados lol. It happens really fast though. It was all of about 60 seconds and I don't think most people even knew what was going on.

Also, was it warned? Down here in Austin we had a few tornadoes during the May deluge, one went maybe a mile and a half from my apartment and was a high end EF1. Mostly they were at night so pictures weren't captured. I think the last time the Austin area had highly destructive tornadoes was in 1997 with the outbreak that destroyed Jarrell with an F5. I also had maybe 4-5 tornado warnings this spring. Something I wasn't used to, lol

Archived