joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raining for two days and only .7" to show for it. It's like winter all over again.

Weird..reports showed under an inch in the area yet it rained pretty decently all evening and night. The wedding I was at was like Mudstock 94'. Very hilly area...live music by 2 bands the groom I am go see...kinda like 70s music. The more people drank, the more they slid down the hill. Everyone was covered in mud. Weirdest, most fun wedding ever!

I give the past few weeks a FAIL. The north shore of Suffolk County, Long Island has been one day of sun for every 3 days of BS rain and clouds. I cant stand it. And it was 59f the other night. This is just how i feel and i think it sucks.

You aren't alone. It's been crap. Try not to let it keep me from doing stuff though. As long as it's not a downpour im sitting out on the beach weekends.

I give the past few weeks a FAIL. The north shore of Suffolk County, Long Island has been one day of sun for every 3 days of BS rain and clouds. I cant stand it. And it was 59f the other night. This is just how i feel and i think it sucks.

Don't worry, cold is right around the corner and the first flakes aren't far off. I know how much you love cold and snow.

The 4 hot summers in a row between 2010 and 2013 spoiled a a lot of people who

were big summer fans. A string of La Ninaish cold PDO summers will do it when the

heat source regions of the Southern Plains were in deep drought.

I think summer fans are just looking to string together some low-mid 80s days with sun rather than string together a few days of mist/clouds and 60s/70s like the past several days.

It's all your your frame of mind though. I got a big backyard tent for my BBQ on the 3rd. Bad weather is going to cancel my party. Was also at the mets game Saturday in the rain. Sat under the overhang- we all had a great time.

I think summer fans are just looking to string together some low-mid 80s days with sun rather than string together a few days of mist/clouds and 60s/70s like the past several days.

It's all your your frame of mind though. I got a big backyard tent for my BBQ on the 3rd. Bad weather is going to cancel my party. Was also at the mets game Saturday in the rain. Sat under the overhang- we all had a great time.

I have actually been welcoming the rains since the record dry and warm May did a number on the evergreens around here.

Long Beach is in the process of replanting all the trees that were ruined by the salt water tidal flooding in Sandy. But there have

been some reports of the new trees not faring too well.

Archived